What's new

Uploading HD video from the iPhone - important!

Tricon7

Reaction score
I didn't realize until I was browsing for information on the Web today that although the iPhone can record video in HD, you can't upload it to Youtube unless you download it to your computer first. If you try and upload HD video to Youtube directly from your iPhone, it will compress it first, relegating it to SD.

Something to note.

4c4a9ee7-263f-728a.jpg

4c4a9ee7-264a-14e0.jpg
4c4a9ee7-2653-e363.jpg
4c4a9ee7-265f-187c.jpg
4c4a9ee7-2668-6ffb.jpg
4c4a9ee7-2672-2aed.jpg

My videos are in HD quality once upload to YouTube.

I see. Maybe that rule apply to videos of more than 15mb of size, my videos appear on YouTube with hd quality. Try to upload a video of 10mb and see.

I see. Maybe that rule apply to videos of more than 15mb of size, my videos appear on YouTube with hd quality. Try to upload a video of 10mb and see.

I already uploaded an HD video to Youtube via my iPhone. I'm going to transfer the iPhone video to my laptop and upload that same video and see if the quality is any better. It should lay to rest any doubts.

Ok, I uploaded the same HD video from my iPhone through iTunes on my laptop (to Youtube), and I can't tell a difference between the two. If the difference comes due to video length, I'd just upload from my laptop anyway, since I wouldn't want to tie up my iPhone with a lengthy upload. It seems the guy at the link I provided was quite wrong with his advice on this.

Ok, I uploaded the same HD video from my iPhone through iTunes on my laptop (to Youtube), and I can't tell a difference between the two. If the difference comes due to video length, I'd just upload from my laptop anyway, since I wouldn't want to tie up my iPhone with a lengthy upload. It seems the guy at the link I provided was quite wrong with his advice on this.

Just like I told you.