What's new

How Do I Jailbreak Unactivated iPhone? (iOS Unknown)

xlook

Reaction score
I bought a second hand iphone 4 thats not activated. I cant get past the apple ID and password prompt. And I dont kow who the previous owner was. But I dont know what iOS version it is. I read somewhere that I can jailbreak it with redsn0w since it can detect the iOS and doesnt matter what iOS version it is. I just want it activated to be able to make calls. Will jailbreaking do this? If so what are the steps?

Last edited:
Welcome to iPhoneForums!

If you can't get past the password prompt for the Apple ID, the iOS on the iPhone is most likely 7.1.2. In that case, it's locked by iCloud Activation, and there's no way to get around it. Jailbreaking won't help either.
You'll have to find the owner of the Apple ID, and ask him to remove this iPhone from his iCloud account. Everything else will result in a bricked or locked device.

In order to jailbreak an iPhone or any other iOS device, it has to be activated first. If you can't get the iPhone activated by following J. A.'s advice, the jailbreak will be a moot point.

If you can't get past the apple ID and password prompt, what you have is an expensive paperweight.

iPhone 4 he probably only paid £5.00 thinking he could crack it open [emoji853][emoji16]

Gregory Isaacs R.I.P.

You need to go back to whomsoever you bought it from.

Do you jailbreak an iPad the same way?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also can you jailbreak a activated iPhone 6s+

Do you jailbreak an iPad the same way?

Short answer: yes. It works the same, in general.
We have a sister forum, where you'll get exactly the information you need:
www.ipadforums.net

Also can you jailbreak a activated iPhone 6s+

If it's locked by iCloud, you can't do anything with an iPad or iPhone.

It depends on the software installed on the iPhone and iPad, whether or not it can be jailbroken. If it's upto date (iOS 10x), that's not possible, as there's no jailbreak available for these software versions.