What's new

iPhone 4S demanding Apple ID in Activation Screen? (8.3)

marionaoum73

Reaction score
Hey!

I received an 2nd hand iPhone 4S, which had an old Apple ID registered on it. And there's no way I can contact the previous owner to ask them about their Apple ID or iCloud or anything.

So I reset this iPhone, and on the Activation Screen I get the Apple ID sign in thing. And it's stuck on the old Apple ID.

What can I do?

Solution doesn't have to be iTunes... I can work with Jailbreaking and other hacks.

Currently on iOS 8.3

Welcome to iPhoneForums, marionaoum73!

It's not possible to bypass iCloud's activation lock. If you can't find the previous owner so that he removes it from Find my iPhone, you won't be able to use the iPhone. Sorry!

Hey!

I received an 2nd hand iPhone 4S, which had an old Apple ID registered on it. And there's no way I can contact the previous owner to ask them about their Apple ID or iCloud or anything.

So I reset this iPhone, and on the Activation Screen I get the Apple ID sign in thing. And it's stuck on the old Apple ID.

What can I do?

Solution doesn't have to be iTunes... I can work with Jailbreaking and other hacks.

Currently on iOS 8.3
A hack won't work because the locking mechanism is on the Apple servers rather than the phone. As Johanna stated, you're out of luck if you cannot contact the original owner of the Apple ID account.

Sadly,, there is nothing you can do. It is nothing more than a paper weight at this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk