What's new

How do I get my outbox for email to recognize the correct email address?

gigman7

Reaction score
I have 11 messages in my outbox. I tried to add another email account some time back but never finished the settings. The phone is trying to send out my messages that are currently in the outbox by the account that I have started to add. The option to choose which email account to use is hidden. How do I find it? I need the phone to recognize the correct email account.

Check this in Settings - Mails, Contacts, Calendars - Mail - Default Account. The email account selected there will automatically be the one to send your emails. If it's the not yet finished one, check mark the other account.

Check this in Settings - Mails, Contacts, Calendars - Mail - Default Account. The email account selected there will automatically be the one to send your emails. If it's the not yet finished one, check mark the other account.
The correct one is already checked. It's not using that one.

When you send an email, it's also possible to change the email account from where you're sending the message.
Before typing anything, tap the "From" part of the email:
image.jpg

It's possible that you have to select it once more, if it looks like this afterwards:
image.jpg

You'll find the email addresses that you can use to send emails at the bottom of the page:
image.jpg

Scroll/slide to the right account. The one displayed between the two lines (middle) will be the one that appears in "From" at the top.

Hope that helps.

Thanks! That worked. Now each new one I create selects my "default" address.