What's new

how do I get my cydia account to be seen by iPad and iPhone?

pianoman

Reaction score
in my iPad, when I want to download something i've already purchased from cydia - it tells me I'll have to pay again for my iPad unless my account is 'associated through' "rock" or something like that. but i don't see where on cydia's main page i can get my "rock" account set up? how is that done? i've purchased many things successfully from cydia on my iphone. but i don't remember ever setting up a "rock" thingie. they just identify me at cydia via my amazon login.

help?

Rock no longer exists. To log into your Cydia account go to "Manage Account" on the homepage of Cydia from there you can either log in with Facebook or Google(whichever one you used when you made the original purchase).

very weird. it was cydia itself, from within, a package that told me to log in with my rock account to get the ipad now associated with my account. that was just yesterday ??

pianoman said:
very weird. it was cydia itself, from within, a package that told me to log in with my rock account to get the ipad now associated with my account. that was just yesterday ??

Yes. If you read it again. It does not say to use your Rock account. It only says you "may" have to access your Rock account to gain access to packages you recently purchased if they do not show up in you "Installable Purchases" tab.

But this is very very very unlikely you have to do this.

All ya have to do tap "Manage Account" then sign in with whatever you prefer, then tap "Link this device" than tap "Installable Purchases" tab. Which should be too hard to find............it's the only one there.lol

Last edited:
Yes. If you read it again. It does not say to use your Rock account. It only says you "may" have to access your Rock account to gain access to packages you recently purchased if they do not show up in you "Installable Purchases" tab.

But this is very very very unlikely you have to do this.

All ya have to do tap "Manage Account" then sign in with whatever you prefer, then tap "Link this device" than tap "Installable Purchases" tab. Which should be too hard to find............it's the only one there.lol
thank you very much! very clear explanation!