What's new

How do i change my profile information?

louwin

Reaction score
Since joining I have gone from a 3GS to a 5S and an iPad 3 to an Air so I want to change these details. Nothing I can see allows me to change this info.

I DID change my avatar so I'm not completely confused....

I also managed to change the icons on the bottom of the page. :D

But not MY details. :(

Sent from my iPad using iPF.net

Since joining I have gone from a 3GS to a 5S and an iPad 3 to an Air so I want to change these details. Nothing I can see allows me to change this info.

I DID change my avatar so I'm not completely confused....

I also managed to change the icons on the bottom of the page. :D

But not MY details. :(

Where do you see a display for the details on your iDevices? I looked in my profile and see nothing to add that information. Not that there isn't a display, mind you - just that I don't see one. :)

All I find is the ability to make a signature (what goes at the bottom of every post). Is that what you mean?

Marilyn

Press Profile then you see About - Additional info....

In Additional info I put my devices and I can't seem to change it. :(

Press Profile then you see About - Additional info....

In Additional info I put my devices and I can't seem to change it. :(

Aha! The lightbulb just went on over my head! :)

To change that info, go to your Settings page. Then, scroll down the left column until you see the line "edit profile" - press on it. You will then see the areas where you've got your old information.

Make the changes to what you wish, save them and you should be all updated.

Marilyn

Thanks but did try that.... :(

I get
Facebook options
Forum reading options
Forum posting options
Version

Nothing else

I quite often notice we, down under in Australia, get different options. :(

I MUST have, at one time, got the right option as I entered the info but I now can't modify it. :(

You may be [still] going to the wrong place. It's what happens when trying to pass on instructions using just words... :)

Here is what I do to change that info, in screenshots (I'm using Safari on my iPad, but it should work the same in any browser):

8a5uhura.jpg

eda6ydyg.jpg

bamezape.jpg

Hopefully, that'll get you to the correct area.

Marilyn

Last edited:
Okay....

Now I get what you're saying. :)

I'm actually in the App - iPF.net which, as you now probably see, is totally different to the access through a browser.

Except for my Yahoo mail I tend to use Apps, rather than the browser, to access various forums etc....

Looks like I will have to try your method to change my basic info....

Possibly that's what I used BEFORE I installed the App? :D

Oh, okay, now I see what you mean. And no, I can't seem to change that info within the app, either. So, it's the web for you. Sorry.

And, I apologize for the confusion. I don't use this app to view the forum so it never entered my mind. I use the Tapatalk app for "intensive" forum reading.

Well, at least when you DO make it to a browser/the web, you can change it.... :)

Glad we finally figured out it wasn't you, however. :D

Marilyn