What's new

How do I change voicemail number? Help PLZ

ivone

Reaction score
Recently my country Costa Rica changed voicemail number from 119 to 1190. I need to change that as well in my voicemail button, but can't figure out how. Checked on Google, but none of the suggestions are working.

I am stuck - anyone can help?

TIA

Thanks for the suggestion, but provider has nothing to do with it. It has to be changed on my iPhone 4 setting.

Where, how ?

If your on an official carrier you should get an update in iTunes.

If not you have to edit the plist file on your phone for the carrier settings which can be found at System/Library/Carrier Bundles/xxxxx.bundle. Make sure you make a backup of the file first.

More info can be found here...

iPhone – How to change Voicemail number

I was afraid that I would have to go into inplist file.

Thanks for the help.

Thanks gaz6076

I did find the file but my provider (ICE Costa Rica) is not listed.
Plus I checked for 119, voicemail, costa, costa rica and every other possible filter, but nothing.

I even went trough most of the file manually but nothing.

It's very frustrated with apple, why just not have simple settings under general/phone or something.

My voicemail is set to dial 119 - I need to change that to 1190.

Any more suggestions.

My iPhone 4 is factory unlocked (bought in Canada), jailbroken, works perfect in Costa Rica in 3g and GSM.

Note: Costa Rica is not recognized as official seller for iPhone yet.

TIA

Last edited:
My iPhone 4 is factory unlocked (bought in Canada), jailbroken, works perfect in Costa Rica in 3g and GSM.

Note: Costa Rica is not yet recognized as official seller for iPhone yet.

Just another way for apple to put people off unlocking it seems...

Mine is factory unlocked.. so everything should work right?

Sorry. Must not have been paying full attention,

In that case it's up to your carrier to provide the correct settings. As your not on a official carrier I wouldn't hold your breath but it's always worth giving them a call...