What's new

How can I factory unlock iPhones myself?

PdeM

Reaction score
Hi,

I searched but couldn't find an answer for my question.

Here in south florida, there are tons and tons of places that offer factory unlock for my iPhone 4 (they also do it for the 4s).

It's not jailbroken, its not a Gevey, its Factory Unlocked! I asked if I update to future iOS, they say it doesn't matter. It doesn't matter what modem firmware I'm on.

They offer the real deal, and yet they charge between $40-$70. I have had friends use guys from Craigslist that meet at Mcdonalds and do it there. They then are able to use T-Mobile and other sim cards.

My question is, does anyone know how they are doing this? I'd like to do it myself on my own phone so I'd like to know how the heck are they able to get them Factory Unlocked so easily and cheap.

Thanks

LOL. If they told you, they wouldn't be able to continue to charge people. And that simply isn't going to happen. People like their money ;)

I know, and thats why I didn't ask them and I'm asking the forum

I would be rather shocked if anyone here would know how to do it for free.

I've been doing research and there are ways. Unlock codes through ebay or calling att directly to get it unlock, though restrictions apply. I have plenty of iPhones that I can get unlock, I'll post my experience in a new thread if people are interested.

Your best bet is to become a "Reseller" ....eg: buy 10 X factory IMEI unlock at a wholesale price....sell every unlock at full price or above full price.... this is how these eBay sellers work....

Jailbreak and install "SAM". The instructions are available on YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did it 2 days ago and got a confirmation in iTunes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yourself personally, you won't be able to do it. But if you could get the unlock code specific to your device you can do a remote unlock yourself through a terminal or on your device itself. In the end, you'd need to purchase the unlock code, and sellers will do the whole process for you at the same time anyways.