What's new

Factory Unlocked ??

stoui333

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am a newbie and i need some info.
I bough an iphone 4 4.3.3 with baseband 4.10.1 factory unlock (that what the seller said).

Because the iphone was used i did a reset all settings and erase all content and settings but i did not know that it will enter into the Plug to itunes mode.

Now the screen shows that the iphone needs to be plugged with itunes and does not enter the home screen.

How do i proceed and is their a possibility to NOT be a factory unlocked anymore?

Please help i am stacked.

Regards

you need to plug the iphone into the computer and itunes will unlock the device. in ios 5 you will be able to unlock and setup with out the computer

you need to plug the iphone into the computer and itunes will unlock the device. in ios 5 you will be able to unlock and setup with out the computer
Hello thanks for your reply,

Unfortunately i did that and i get a message that the sim is not supported.
Because i restore via itunes now i thing my firmware is 4.3.5 and the iphone screen stays at "plug to itunes"

I tried to jailbrake but nothing...

What can i do?

you're screwed if you're on 4.3.5 ... I think the baseband stays the same from 4.3.3 - 4.3.5 but there's only A tethered jailbreak right now until iOS 5 is released.. Goodluck man

It's supposed to be a factory unlocked device so the baseband and micro sim should make no difference, try with another micro sim! If you cut it yourself or the sim some how has a problem then trying another micro sim will help see if the phone is really factory unlocked