What's new

Home button & screen

Cozyonline

Reaction score
3rd post now about this phone.

My iPhone 5 had a cracked screen & battery needed replacing. like in other post I explained that it also had the connect to iTunes after installing and could not get off it.

However I have now resolved the issue & stuck with;

Home button unresponsive & I get delayed responses from touch screen (sluggish & delayed) & now even the power button is delayed.

Can someone please help solve this problem as got this for my son for Xmas and going out of my head

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3rd post now about this phone.

My iPhone 5 had a cracked screen & battery needed replacing. like in other post I explained that it also had the connect to iTunes after installing and could not get off it.

However I have now resolved the issue & stuck with;

Home button unresponsive & I get delayed responses from touch screen (sluggish & delayed) & now even the power button is delayed.

Can someone please help solve this problem as got this for my son for Xmas and going out of my head

Hello here's a link hope it helps you have a nice evening

iOS Not responding or does not turn on - Apple Support

recalibrating the home button appears to fix the issue for a majority of the users. It happened with our iPhones here. When the home button gets a bit tricky and unresponsive, this is what we usually do:

• Open an app. Any default iOS app. (Weather, Clock etc.)
  • Hold the Sleep/Wake button (Power) till the ‘Slide to power off’ appears
  • Now press and hold the home button till the slide goes away and you get to the homescreen.
  • (You’ll notice that the app is closed)
  • This should fix the calibration issues and make the home button work better. Of course, while the thing works well, the calibration appears to wane away after sometime. For some, this happens within a week or so. For some, this happens after several weeks or months.

If this doesn't help, try this procedure:

Use the charging cable to fix the Home button. Plug it into your iPhone, gently push it towards the screen (cautiously, don't use too much pressure) and push the Home button at the same time.

It's also possible that turning off the device , pouring 2 drops of nail polish remover at the Home button and quickly pressing it 20 - 30 times might help. The rest of the remover should be wiped off after the procedure. It's risky, though.

There's something else you can use when your buttons are not working: go to Settings - General - Accessibility - Assistive Touch and enable this. You can use it for most of the features where you'd need to press Home or Power button.

Hope that helps.

Hi
Right tried everything & it's still not working at all.
Even the screen is very sluggish.

Don't know what else to do

There are just three options that could help with a sluggish screen:

If you use a screen protector, remove it and try again.
Restart your device - turn it off and on again.
Reset it - press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears. Let go of both, the iPhone will power up on it's own.

Since you're experiencing problems with both buttons, the last two suggestions might not work at all.

The only possibility left would be to take it to an Apple Retail Store or contact Apple Support to get this fixed, which you already did, as far as I know.

There are just three options that could help with a sluggish screen:

If you use a screen protector, remove it and try again.
Restart your device - turn it off and on again.
Reset it - press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears. Let go of both, the iPhone will power up on it's own.

Since you're experiencing problems with both buttons, the last two suggestions might not work at all.

The only possibility left would be to take it to an Apple Retail Store or contact Apple Support to get this fixed, which you already did, as far as I know.

Yeah already contacted them.
The nearest Apple Store is quite a drive lol.

However, because the screen was smashed & I replaced it (the home button was working then) and the battery kept loosing charge after 30 mins I also replaced the battery.
To which I very carefully removed the old one.

However if I took it into an Apple Store would they discard it because I have done a replacement myself?

If you take an iPhone that you've worked on yourself to an Apple Store, they'll refuse to service it because the work was not done by Apple or an authorized repair centre.