What's new

Home button compatibiliy

adamlol1112

Reaction score
Quick version: The home I'm thinking of replacing the home button on my iPhone 5c. Are home buttons for the 5 compatible?

The long story: The home button on my 5c is a game of luck. Sometimes i press it and it works and other times (too many to ignore) it just plain doesn't. Ive only had the phone for a month. I cant really afford to take it to an apple store or my carrier because there is a knick in the bottom left hand corner. So warranty protection is out of the question. So back to my original question, is the home button for the Iphone 5, compatible with the iPhone 5c?

Is the nick in the bottom corner why the home button doesn't work? If not, I would try taking it to
Apple because the Home Button on thta phone is under warranty.

Is the nick in the bottom corner why the home button doesn't work? If not, I would try taking it to
Apple because the Home Button on thta phone is under warranty.

No the home button just kinda went crappy on me one day when I woke up... I guess it wouldn't hurt to try and take it to the apple store, either way the warranty is broken.

funny that today I received a Dell notebook for christmas and the touchpad has a defect that the system wont even acknowledge it. what luck i have huh.

Why is your warranty done the phone can't be but a few months old........ Warranty lasts a year.

Accidental damage to one part of your phone does not affect warranty coverage to another part of your phone. A nick on the case should not affect warranty coverage for a defective home button.