What's new

Home button on the fritz

Tricon7

Reaction score
Recently my iPhone 4 has been giving me trouble - if an app is up and I want to minimize it, pressing the home button doesn't minimize it no matter how many times or how hard I press it. I actually had to restart the phone to get it back to the regular home screen. Also, when the phone has hibernated and I want to move the slider over, I press the home button to make it appear, but now I have to press the button on top to do so - ? I never had to do that before. I don't know if these problems are related or not. Then, as suddenly as the problems appeared, they disappear and my phone behaves normally again, without me having to stand on the home button to make apps disappear. I'm worried that my phone may be on the verge of not-working. Or am I doing something wrong?

There's a good chance that the home button on your iPhone 4 is on the verge of complete failure. It may be time for you to consider upgrading.

The above solution worked - for that one time. Now my home button is acting up again, and this solution isn't fixing it.

I'd love to upgrade to an iPhone 6. Does anyone know if anyone is running an iPhone special of some kind if you sign a 2-yr contract? I'm currently with Verizon month-to-month. And I have very little expendable money. I *could* trade in my iPhone 4, but I'd get so little for it that it wouldn't offset the cost of even a subsidized iPhone 6 very much. I was told by Best Buy that they'd only give me $125 for it, while a subsidized iPhone 6 would run me $200.

There must some technical glitch in the home button, or generally you may not experience such problems in iPhone. Maybe, your iPhone is getting hanged too often and that's making your home button stuck very often.

I have a 5s. It seems some serial numbers are defective. The Apple Store fixed mine free. Maybe they will do this for you