What's new

Hey MAC, I'm back!

agrumpyoldtroll

Reaction score
So, guess I will introduce myself. Name is Jay, from the great state of Texas, although, not originally from Texas, actually a NYer. Anyway, I was a Mac guy many many years ago, but due to employment compatibility issues, I went to a windows machine. Then for easier compability, I went to an Android phone to go with my computer. Well, over the weekend, my sons were tearing up the house as usual, and managed to dump an entire cup of coffee onto my HP ultra book. So....... Off to buy a new machine. Somehow, I ended up going computer shopping, and ended up walking out of the Apple Store Tuesday with a 9.7 256gb iPad Pro, Smart Keyboard, Apple Pencil, and a shiny RED 128gb iPhone 7 plus. It's been only 2 days, but I could not be happier. No more android launchers, custom roms, no more defragmenting my computer hard drive, no more windows defender constantly updating. No more crappy android camera, the 7 plus camera is insane! I gotta say, it feels good to be back at Mac!!!!!!!

So, guess I will introduce myself. Name is Jay, from the great state of Texas, although, not originally from Texas, actually a NYer. Anyway, I was a Mac guy many many years ago, but due to employment compatibility issues, I went to a windows machine. Then for easier compability, I went to an Android phone to go with my computer. Well, over the weekend, my sons were tearing up the house as usual, and managed to dump an entire cup of coffee onto my HP ultra book. So....... Off to buy a new machine. Somehow, I ended up going computer shopping, and ended up walking out of the Apple Store Tuesday with a 9.7 256gb iPad Pro, Smart Keyboard, Apple Pencil, and a shiny RED 128gb iPhone 7 plus. It's been only 2 days, but I could not be happier. No more android launchers, custom roms, no more defragmenting my computer hard drive, no more windows defender constantly updating. No more crappy android camera, the 7 plus camera is insane! I gotta say, it feels good to be back at Mac!!!!!!!
Welcome to iPhone Forums, agrumpyoldtroll!
If you have any questions or problems, don't hesitate to ask.

Ha, nice! I have same one (128gig though). I had an iPad Air and a laptop (PC). Laptop was old and slowly just got more annoying than it was worth to use. I never replaced laptop, iPad Air was enough. When iPad Pro came out, I wanted one, but not that BIG. When the iPad Pro 9.7 came out, I knew I had to have one. I do a lot of GoPro footage editing, and an iPad Pro works VERY WELL for this. With the Pro, I can edit a 4K video just as easy as a 360p video haha, no lag. My computer couldn't process anything over 720p.

Anyways, yeah, with a keyboard, an iPad Pro 9.7 is all the laptop I need now. For those rare instances I need a real computer, I just wait and do it at work lol. I do wish there was a USB though. I have an adapter to use one, but some devices won't work with it. That's when I need a real computer.

Hello and welcome.
Congratulations on all the yummy Apple goodies you bought :)