What's new

New to iOS

FirstTimeApple

Reaction score
Hey all, a new guy here.

I'm not only new to the iOS, I'm pretty dang new to Apple in general. I have never been a big fan of the Apple computers. The cost of ownership has always been higher then with any other computer I've owned. To that end I stuck with Microsoft. I'm not contemplating a move to Linux, and a move away from Microsoft.

As for my experience with devices, I've owned a Dell Axim X50v PDA back when PDAs were the in thing and smart phones were not really prevalent. After that, I ended up picking up a Samsung Omnia, and was fairly happy with it, for a while. Was easy to install custom ROMS, and was fun to use. However, I started to have issues with it, and realized it was time to move on.

I was going to pick up an Android based unit after my wife picked up a Samsung Fascinate. Great phone, but the GPS on it is just wonky. I still haven't figured out a fix for that yet. So I went with the iPhone 4 when Verizon had access to it.

Loving the phone, and looking forward to learning new things about the phone and what all it can do. I at least love the fact that my GPS is MUCH more accurate the the Fascinate GPS!

Welcome,

Take your time to browse through the forums. Plenty of info out there...

FirsTimeApple....... You're correct: the iPhone has excellent GPS capabilities, much better than the Android versions I've tried and better than the Droid X and Captivate units. Try the MotionX GPS apps available form the App Store. You'll be impressed!