What's new

iPhone 3G unlock problems

DUnit1984

Reaction score
I am using Redsn0w 0.9.6rc16 and I have an iPhone 3G 8GB using 4.2.1 my baseband is 05.15.04 and I'm trying to upgrade to the iPad 06.15.00 baseband so I can do an unlock (I already know all the risks involved) but I'm still stuck with this problem of redsn0w crashing on me when resn0w is trying to fetch the iPad baseband data from apple. I also tried using the appserv and change the hosts file with no success either. I also made sure that my .net architecture was up-to-date. I started with my Windows 7 64-bit home edition computer, and then went to my Windows XP computer and got the exact same result. I also tried the compatibility settings on both machines with no success. Please help anyone!

I unlock iPhones on a daily basis and can tell you that the problem lies within the version of redsn0w that you are using, for example 0.9.6rc16 will crash when fetching the iPad baseband.
I have found that redsn0w version 0.9.6rc9 works perfectly without crashing when attempting to fetch the iPad baseband. You wil have to find a download link for that from google.
Also if that does not work you can try using sn0wbreeze(PC) or pwnagetool(mac) like bab2010 pointed out.

No, I never did figure out the problem and I am still having the problem within all the versions of redsn0w that I can do the iPad baseband on...so I'll give sn0wbreeze a try and see what happens...thanks for your input everyone!

Does anyone know if the 5.15.04 baseband can be unlocked yet...or do I still have to use the iPad baseband....I hesitate to do the baseband change....is it possiable to go back to 5.15.04 in most articles I have read I heard no, and in some I have heard yes....and thoughts?

Does anyone know if the 5.15.04 baseband can be unlocked yet...or do I still have to use the iPad baseband....I hesitate to do the baseband change....is it possiable to go back to 5.15.04 in most articles I have read I heard no, and in some I have heard yes....and thoughts?

The 5.15 baseband can´t be unlocked, you need the iPad baseband. And no you cannot go back to the 5.15 baseband if you have changed to the iPad baseband.

I would appreciate some help with unlocking my 3G. I used redsn0w to jailbreak the phone, and upgrade the baseband to 06.15. I then loaded ultrasn0w to unlock it. Ultrasn0w seems to load cleanly, but I can't see that the phone is unlocked! It was originally on AT&T, and I'm trying to get it to work on T-Mobile. However, when I put a T-Mobile SIM into the phone, it doesn't sync with the network, and is "Searching" forever. Thanks!!