What's new

iPhone 3G unlock problems

DUnit1984

Reaction score
I am using Redsn0w 0.9.6rc16 and I have an iPhone 3G 8GB using 4.2.1 my baseband is 05.15.04 and I'm trying to upgrade to the iPad 06.15.00 baseband so I can do an unlock (I already know all the risks involved) but I'm still stuck with this problem of redsn0w crashing on me when resn0w is trying to fetch the iPad baseband data from apple. I also tried using the appserv and change the hosts file with no success either. I also made sure that my .net architecture was up-to-date. I started with my Windows 7 64-bit home edition computer, and then went to my Windows XP computer and got the exact same result. I also tried the compatibility settings on both machines with no success. Please help anyone!

It should work out normally with all those settings you've made. I don't see where is the issue. Well you might just consider doing it on another computer which never have to deal with your phone.

Yeah I did that, my Windows XP computer is for backup only it NEVER had my iPhone on it! Its really strange I dont understand why its not working...been doing a lot of research since I made this post and I still can't get any answers :-(

Well people will find your post soon and input their ideas. Just be connected.

Should work I just did this to two iphone 3g with the same as you posted.I have windows 7 64 bit too.I changed the comp to windows xp service pack 2 and right clicked run as admin on the exe and it worked.

did you download the 4.2.1. firmware and the ipad1 3.2.2 and put them bothe on you desktop wen you was performing the jailbreak ??

worked fine for me and im using xp