What's new

Hey everyone

Redsparr0w

Reaction score
I'm dann have an iPhone 4 and a not quite functional iPhone 4 had alot of problems and fixed most of them So know a few fixs willing to help out. Know a few fixs for 3GS aswell as my partner has one.

Never seem to be happy with the end results of my post and always end up editing them slightly /=

IPhone 4 4.2.1
Greenposion jailbreak
Functioning well

iPhone 4 4.3.5
Modem firmware 4.10.01
Water damaged but no corrosion visible
Missing speaker and vibrator
No reception but gets wifi (i think)
Won't charge
Restarts after 3 minutes 6 seconds
Not jailbroken

Last edited:
Redsparr0w said:
I'm dann have an iPhone 4 and a not quite functional iPhone 4 had alot of problems and fixed most of them So know a few fixs willing to help out. Know a few fixs for 3GS aswell as my partner has one.

IPhone 4 4.2.1
Greenposion jailbreak
Functioning well

iPhone 4 4.3.5
Modem firmware 4.10.01
Water damaged
Missing speaker and vibrator
No reception but gets wifi (i think)
Won't charge
Restarts after 3 minutes 6 seconds
Not jailbroken

Welcome to the forums. I couldn't help with the water damage.

Welcome to the forums! I'm not sure what to do about your water damage. There are plenty of websites dedicated to helping people fix Apple products. Ifixit.com is one. They have parts, tools, video guides, and written guides. Maybe this will help! :D

Welcome to the forums! I'm not sure what to do about your water damage. There are plenty of websites dedicated to helping people fix Apple products. Ifixit.com is one. They have parts, tools, video guides, and written guides. Maybe this will help! :D

Not sure if it's affected from the water damage or if it's a sOftware issue or cause it's missing some hardware I've checked out sites selling new motherboards but there all US sites and I think postage would be alOt to New Zealand and with the prices it's almost worth buying a working iPhone but thanks for the info [=

I'm going to buy a new speaker and vibrator soon and see if this fixs any problems. Would jailbreaking it possibly fix the 3 minute 6 seconds restarts?

Last edited:
Redsparr0w said:
Not sure if it's affected from the water damage or if it's a sOftware issue or cause it's missing some hardware I've checked out sites selling new motherboards but there all US sites and I think postage would be alOt to New Zealand and with the prices it's almost worth buying a working iPhone but thanks for the info [=

I'm going to buy a new speaker and vibrator soon and see if this fixs any problems. Would jailbreaking it possibly fix the random restarts?

No that wouldn't help any. Maybe a factory restore would though! If it's a software issue this would be the solution to your problem. If its a hardware problem then you'll have to start the process of elimination! Fix one thing at a time to see if it works! :D

Redsparr0w said:

I'm going to buy a new speaker and vibrator soon and see if this fixs any problems. Would jailbreaking it possibly fix the random restarts?

No that wouldn't help any. Maybe a factory restore would though! If it's a software issue this would be the solution to your problem. If its a hardware problem then you'll have to start the process of elimination! Fix one thing at a time to see if it works! :D

Will try restore with official apple restore again when I get home and hope for the best [=

If I upload a picture of inside of phone any chance you would be able to tell what's missing from inside? Not sure if it's only speaker and vibrator missing, can I upload photos on here from my iPhone?

Redsparr0w said:
Will try restore with official apple restore again when I get home and hope for the best [=

If I upload a picture of inside of phone any chance you would be able to tell what's missing from inside? Not sure if it's only speaker and vibrator missing, can I upload photos on here from my iPhone?

I wouldn't know what's missing! I've done all kinds of software related things with an iPhone but I haven't messed with the hardware! I've used the website I mentioned before to help fix a buddies iPod touch. We had to order him a new screen (dropped it on concrete from 6'). The site sells the tools to do it with. The tutorials are excellent as well. That's the only reason I recommended this path for you! If you don't like the site mentioned, I'm sure there are others as well! :)

Redsparr0w said:

I wouldn't know what's missing! I've done all kinds of software related things with an iPhone but I haven't messed with the hardware! I've used the website I mentioned before to help fix a buddies iPod touch. We had to order him a new screen (dropped it on concrete from 6'). The site sells the tools to do it with. The tutorials are excellent as well. That's the only reason I recommended this path for you! If you don't like the site mentioned, I'm sure there are others as well! :)

Thanks for your help [=
Already replaced the screen as that's what it said was the only thing wrong with it when I bought it from the police and customs auctions ]= and no refund possible even tho was misleading a they had already opened it before selling it and lost all the screws and the speaker and vibrator which they forgot to mention lol.

Redsparr0w said:
Thanks for your help [=
Already replaced the screen as that's what it said was the only thing wrong with it when I bought it from the police and customs auctions ]= and no refund possible even tho was misleading a they had already opened it before selling it and lost all the screws and the speaker and vibrator which they forgot to mention lol.

Your welcome!

You can order those parts from that website. They're genuine iPhone parts so it's a safe bet. If the factory restore doesn't work, then you can order these parts if you decide too :D!

Redsparr0w said:
Thanks for your help [=

Your welcome!

You can order those parts from that website. They're genuine iPhone parts so it's a safe bet. If the factory restore doesn't work, then you can order these parts if you decide too :D!

Could I replace the motherboard with 32gb version intend of the 16gb which it is now? Or Is that a separate part? Or incompatible with other parts? Sorry for all the questions just don't want to waste money on a paper weight..

Well the iPhone uses flash memory so your motherboard needs to be compatible (I'd imagine). I'm not sure if there's a difference, but I'd check in with someone who knows the hardware side of the iPhone.