What's new

Help!

Deiota

Reaction score
Hi!
I'm very confused about something that onced worked and now ain't working anymore.
I have some ringtones for sms (for some personalized people) and also some ringtones for personalized ringtones for some people too.
All of them were sync with itunes and are on my itunes folder and on my settings on my iphone!
The sms works like a charm but my ringtones doesn't. the default ringtone is also a ringtone that I passed throught itunes either and when one of my contacts calls m3 I listen to that music...
When I go to a person that has a personalized ringtone and go to edit his profile the ringtone is there but when I click there the only ringtones that appear are the default ones, none of my songs are there.
can you help me out???
I already removed from itunes and put back again without results.
Please help.
I'm a bit confused and grrr
it was working till a month ago or so...
Deiota

No one can help me?

 Sent from my White 32 Gb iPhone 4 using TapaTalk 

No one can help me?

Do a hard reset and take it from there. See if that solved the problem first.

iHolophyte

I was trying to avoid that since I have so many thing installed (official and unofficial)... But perhaps that's the only way... I'll try to get the courage to do it so!
If I could just make a FULL backup and then a FULL restore.. That would be cool..

I was trying to avoid that since I have so many thing installed (official and unofficial)... But perhaps that's the only way... I'll try to get the courage to do it so!
If I could just make a FULL backup and then a FULL restore.. That would be cool..

A hard reset will not delete any data. It's where you press the home button and the lock button together until the phone switches off. Then switch back on. This will not delete data just push out corrupt files.

iHolophyte

Just thinking about WM!
Just did and the problem stays the same!!! Exactly the same! :( its driving me crazy! Grrr

Just thinking about WM!
Just did and the problem stays the same!!! Exactly the same! :( its driving me crazy! Grrr

No idea then. Is it JB? I'm assuming so. Maybe someone in the JB community can point you in the right direction. Hope you get the issue resolved. 😄

iHolophyte

Yes it is Jb.
It once worked fine! But now... It's driving me nuts!

Thanks for the help though! :)

Take a look back when it started happening, I might have installed a tweak or app that's conflicting with your contacts. To me looks like it's a contact conflict.

I can't remember when it started happening!
Perhaps it was something I've installed in Cydia or something.
All I know is that I put it from fabric a week ago ( when I did the Jb and before that I think it was ok!
Now the text tones are ok just the ring tones are driving me mad!

Hello
Just figured out the problem, removing every tweak from Cydia, one by one and testing...
The problem is caused by a tweak / app called Callbar, which is very cool by the way!
Just sorted out a way to solve the problem and now I have my custom ringtones back and also keel my app which I like a lot ( I advise you guys to check it out, if you don't know)! You can see a video on YouTube!!! 
Deiota