What's new

help with maps

Gregoris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
hi all..

so the maps feature you use the gps right and i was wondering if i could put a voice on my gps to tell me like turn left and so and so, continue x amount of feet or miles. can you add it for free? or not very expenssive like tomtoms 70 pounds for europe maps ripp off..

TIA

hi all..

so the maps feature you use the gps right and i was wondering if i could put a voice on my gps to tell me like turn left and so and so, continue x amount of feet or miles. can you add it for free? or not very expenssive like tomtoms 70 pounds for europe maps ripp off..

TIA

Any info on this? TIA...

I installed "Navigon" and I love it.
It has turn by turn instructions with voice and it even lets you know when a sharp turn is coming up.
You can select the type of roads you prefer and many other options as well.

Last edited:
Mapquest has voice turn by turn but I can't get it to work in Germany. Keeps giving me options for State addresses but sometimes it does start the route. Might be the way I set it up so I need to keep plaing with it.

Motion xgps has a free version that's had good reviews. I used x gps when it was availinle in cydia (I think it's the same thing). It was the first turn buy turn navigation app for the iPhone. It was quite good. You could choose parts of the google maps to download to your phone while on wifi to save data or you could let it load up the maps as your drove.

The app store version also has a full version for £1.79...

Motion xgps has a free version that's had good reviews. I used x gps when it was availinle in cydia (I think it's the same thing). It was the first turn buy turn navigation app for the iPhone. It was quite good. You could choose parts of the google maps to download to your phone while on wifi to save data or you could let it load up the maps as your drove.

The app store version also has a full version for £1.79...

Looks like a good app, but their voice directions are for US and Canada only.

Mapquest has voice turn by turn but I can't get it to work in Germany. Keeps giving me options for State addresses but sometimes it does start the route. Might be the way I set it up so I need to keep plaing with it.

Here's the response from MapQuest. Guess I'm still looking.

*Discussion Thread
*Response Via Email (Kris (MapQuest Customer Service)) 01/04/2011 10:14 AM
Unfortunately, we do not currently offer International maps or directions in any of our mobile products. Support for mapping and directions on mobile devices is currently limited to Canada and the United States.

We have had many requests for international locations on our mobile devices and these requests have been passed on to our mobile development team for consideration.

Stay tuned - we update our mobile products often!

Thanks,
[---001:000685:04712---]

Hi

I just have downloaded XGPS maps from 4 Shared, and as I have searched in the Internet I found out first of all I have to install XGPS from Cydia but I couldn't find any good Step by Step instruction of how to upload the maps I have downloaded on my PC to my i Phone.

Hope I have asked my question in a correct Thread.

Cheers!
Pooya

Hi

I just have downloaded XGPS maps from 4 Shared, and as I have searched in the Internet I found out first of all I have to install XGPS from Cydia but I couldn't find any good Step by Step instruction of how to upload the maps I have downloaded on my PC to my i Phone.

Hope I have asked my question in a correct Thread.

Cheers!
Pooya

Is your phone jailbroken?