What's new

Options with Siri

philinpdx

Reaction score
I'm curious who all has really explored Siri and if there are some options to 'customize' in some ways.

For instance, I downloaded my own GPS program "Gokivo" that works fine for me as it gives directions with voice e.g. "make a left turn in .2 miles" and I really prefer this over the a GPS that talks to me over the default google maps type program that only shows you a map. So, if I tell Siri "Locate Best Buy" for instance it will check my location and find the nearest Best Buy(s) close to me... when I click on the results it then goes to the Google Maps 'contact' in when I can click for Navigation w/ the generic navigation that is built in... so... my question then obviously is...

Can I somehow program for Siri or somewhere else in settings to change the GPS navigation program to one that I choose?

I'm also wondering if there are options to help Siri when trying to locate something and I mention it to Siri like "Locate Provolt Grange" and Siri had a hard time understanding exactly what I'm saying... is there a command to have Siri listen to me SPELLING out the word(s)? That would certainly be a great upgrade if that option currently doesn't exist because I imagine that Siri could hear the letters in the alphabet enough to get a better handle on the words instead of having to try 2-3-4 times carefully enunciating only to have Siri come back that she's confused and doens't understand.

Any tips anyone?

i haven't been able to make siri useful. However, if you say period or question mark she will put it in the sentence, that's pretty cool.