What's new

Help with Cydia on new Verizon jailbreak

teaversa

Reaction score
I recently decieded to jailbreak my Verizon 4.2.6 iPhone via greenpoison. The jailbreak went fine, but there must have been a problem installing Cydia. I launched loader and installed Cydia, and it shows up on my springboard. But when i launch it, it won't even open. It just crashes as soon as I click on it.

If anyone has any way of fixing this, or can help at all, it would be awesome.

Turn your iphone off then back on. If not working still restore it back to normal though itunes (BUT DO NOT UPGRADE TO 4.2.7 FIRMWARE AS YOU WILL NOT BEABLE TO REJAILBREAK YET). After restore is completeted, re-jailbreak w/ greenp0ison and see if that works. :D

Already tried both of those. After a bunch of hard resets, Cydia still wouldn't open, and I can't restore it. My shsh blobs were never saved, so I can't restore back to 4.2.6, I can only restore to 4.2.7, which I don't want to do since it's not jailbroken yet. Would I be able to somehow manually unistall Cydia and then re-install it? I'd do it through ssh, but I never had a chance to install openssh since I couldn't get into Cydia.

EDIT: fixed it :)....re-installed Cydia via redsnow.

Last edited: