What's new

help! what ios for 3gs can be openline?

zhaichi

Reaction score
hi to all i want to ask what ios can i upgrade my 3gs that can be openline and preserves my BB???tnx i have 4.1(8b117) BB 06.15.00 pls help??

If you mean unlocked, then yes. You'll need to create a custom IPSW to preserve your baseband using RedSn0w, restore your 3GS with it, then jailbreak it. After jailbreaking, you'll need to install UltraSn0w again, and if you're on an iOS 6 jailbreak, you'll also need to install the UltraSn0w Fixer for iOS 6

i can unlock ios 6 in my 3gs?? so i can use it in any country??

i can unlock ios 6 in my 3gs?? so i can use it in any country??
"In any country"... I wouldn't make that broad of a statement. However, yes, you can update to iOS 6.1 using a custom created IPSW via redsn0w (as willerz2 stated above.)

i dont have a wifi how can i unthetered jailbreak my 3gs?

hi to all i want to ask what ios can i upgrade my 3gs that can be openline and preserves my BB???tnx i have 4.1(8b117) BB 06.15.00 pls help??

A custom firmware is required to update your firmware as you are running with the iPad baseband for the unlock.

i have redsnow can i use it to untethered my iphone??

The only thing redsn0w will do for you now is create the custom IPSW (firmware file) to update to iOS 6.1 and preserve the 6.15 Baseband for Unlocking. Again, you'll need a computer w/ iTunes and an internet connection for all this.

so i also need evasion ?? yes i have an internet connection but i dont have a wifi

and im only upgrading it in 5.1.1

so i also need evasion ?? yes i have an internet connection but i dont have a wifi

and im only upgrading it in 5.1.1
Upgrading to 5.1.1 adds several more steps to the process. Do you have SHSH's for 5.1.1 saved or available for your 3GS?

nope where can i get that?? i tried upgrading to 5.1.1 but it got stuck after extracting on itunes.. it pops up an error message what should i do??

sorry for all the questions this is my first time doing this..

Last edited:
SHSH's can ONLY come from your iPhone. Most likely your iPhone is currently Jailbroken... what iOS versions are listed atop Cydia's home page?

i don't have a wifi so i can't connect to cydia,and yes my iphone is jailbroken it is also unlock thats why i can use it in my country

should i have to connect to wifi to be able to upgrade my iphone??