What's new

HELP..synced to wrong computer

brian1972

Reaction score
I have just bought a new iphone 4 and plugged it into my laptop at home and it has remotely connected with my wife's work computer (not the plan), so all of her work contacts/messages have now been uploaded onto my iphone. How can I delete them and so that she still has access to her work computer from home. I don't need to be synced with anything. Not a techo, so please keep it simple. Thanks in Advance!!

I have just bought a new iphone 4 and plugged it into my laptop at home and it has remotely connected with my wife's work computer (not the plan), so all of her work contacts/messages have now been uploaded onto my iphone. How can I delete them and so that she still has access to her work computer from home. I don't need to be synced with anything. Not a techo, so please keep it simple. Thanks in Advance!!

More than Likely all it's pulling from is MS Outlook. If it's your first sync just go to setting>reset clear everything. Then once your phone is plugged into iTunes in the info page almost to the bottom select don't sync to outlook. Hopefully that stops the rouge contact sync... lol

Her contacts and my contacts are now intertwined. If I clear everything, will my contacts be lost?? Will her contacts remain the same??

Last edited:
Her contacts and my contacts are now intertwined. If I clear everything, will my contacts be lost?? Will her contacts remain the same??

Go to outlook and sort the contacts into groups... Yours/Hers then sync. You will still get hers on your phone but you just select your group and that's all you will see when you pull up your addy list. If she doesn't use the outlook addy book just erase hers off.