What's new

Sync Question

sherfield2002

Reaction score
I'm a former android user that just got a iphone 4s, so I hope this isnt a dumb question.

My wife and I just got our 4s's yesterday. When I sync either phone on itunes, it syncs data from both phones onto whichever phone is plugged in. For example, if I sync her iphone up, it puts my google contacts on her phone. Or if I sync my phone it wants to add her apps to my iphone. Is there a way to keep itunes from putting the wrong stuff on the wrong phone?

I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance for the help.

IIRC you need to have separate iTunes accounts. You can share between them... but each phone needs it's own account.

If you guys are charging the same computer. Click shift and iTunes at the same time, it's gonna ask you choose library that's when you choose which library your syncing or w/e hope it helps

In iTunes, under devices, right click on your phone and rename it, so each of your phones have a different name. This way each person has there own settings and you won't need two iTunes accounts. You can have different music, apps, photos, contacts, email, etc. If you have purchased apps or music under two different accounts, the apps and music will only show up on there respective phones where they were originally purchased.

For example, all my iDevices (4), have different names, and each one has different apps and music on them, and they sync separately, however, all apps and music where purchased on the same iTunes account.