What's new

Overwritten files on wrong phone

Bennaman

Reaction score
I purchased my iphone4 in April and began to build a collection of contacts, messages and photos. In June I synchronised my iphone4 with my PC. My partner purchased an iphone4 in May and began to build a collection of contacts, messages and photos she has not synced it to a computer. By mistake I connected her iphone 4 to my computer. Somehow all my contacts, messages and photos from my June sync have been put onto her iphone over writing all her contacts messages and photos. I have deleted all my information from her phone but have been unable to recover her information. Is there anyway I can recover her information? Even if it means recovering my deleted information as well and deleting mine all again. Thanking you. Bennaman

Bennaman said:
I purchased my iphone4 in April and began to build a collection of contacts, messages and photos. In June I synchronised my iphone4 with my PC. My partner purchased an iphone4 in May and began to build a collection of contacts, messages and photos she has not synced it to a computer. By mistake I connected her iphone 4 to my computer. Somehow all my contacts, messages and photos from my June sync have been put onto her iphone over writing all her contacts messages and photos. I have deleted all my information from her phone but have been unable to recover her information. Is there anyway I can recover her information? Even if it means recovering my deleted information as well and deleting mine all again. Thanking you. Bennaman

Not unless you had a backup of her phone. iTunes should automatically backup the phone when plugged in..try plugging her phone in and right clicking on the device on the left side of iTunes and choose restore from backup

Thanks for the prompt reply....now I am in real trouble :-( as she does not have her phone backed up :-( Anybody got a spare room? :)

Bennaman said:
Thanks for the prompt reply....now I am in real trouble :-( as she does not have her phone backed up :-( Anybody got a spare room? :)

Agh. That sucks. Well you still might be able to restore her contacts, calendar and notes by adding her email client back onto the phone. If she's running 4.3 she'll be able to download her purchases. There will be a purchases tab when you open the AppStore

That looks like a lot of money. I personally wouldn't pay for it. If you purchase it. Let us know how it goes.

Yes it is expensive but their market is not aimed at idiots like me who make a silly mistake. It is aimed at people who want to spy on their partner and uncover affairs etc that they are conducting by looking at deleted messages etc on their iphones.

Yes it is expensive but their market is not aimed at idiots like me who make a silly mistake. It is aimed at people who want to spy on their partner and uncover affairs etc that they are conducting by looking at deleted messages etc on their iphones.

yeah thats even worse..