What's new

help recovering photos during attempted jailbreaking

cabbage2400

Reaction score
Hi,

I attempted to jailbreak my iphone 4 - 5.1.1 - using redsn0w 0.9.12b1 and it froze during the backup part. now, i have no photos in my phone. however, i have hope that they might be recoverable since when i plug my iphone into itunes there is still the same amount of HD space being used on the phone, but there is none in photos and now the 5 or so gigs in "other." Could my photos still be somewhere on my iphone? Please provide some insight! THanks so much; i really hope to find all of my photos. I realize it was very stupid and irresponsible to not have backed them up prior, but am hoping the might still be saved. thanks in advance for any help.

Sam

you did a backup on itunes before trying this ? if so then itunes has them saved.

If the photos are not showing up on your device and you did not do an iTunes/iCloud backup, I'm afraid they are lost for good.

thanks for the input. any thoughts on why the hard drive is still just as used up even though the pictures are seemingly gone?

If the jailbreak process was interrupted the device could be reporting incorrect storage space. You can try and do an iTunes backup now and see if you can extract the photos.

Sam, you are in luck! I did the same thing, and was very worried that I lost all my pictures. Run jailbreak using absinthe. After jailbreak is done, your photos will all show in the camera roll. Let me know if this helps!

If the jailbreak process was interrupted the device could be reporting incorrect storage space. You can try and do an iTunes backup now and see if you can extract the photos.
Hello Jmills87, i have the same problem but when i try to jailbreak with absinthe it tells that your device already jailbroken detected stash, :( plssss help me

GUYS...

Having the problem, was a solutions found as I need to recover my pictures as well.

Thanks,

Glenn

The backup was apparently overwritten because Phone Disk shows that there are no pictures in any of my backups.
I read somewhere that the files are located on the Phone's drive (almost like a recycle bin) but are not as easily accessible and perhaps not even in the typical image format. As a result, there may be overwritten if the phone continues to be used. I stopped using mine when i realised the photos were removed. The site posted above is supposedly "THE" way to recover it... I just don't know how to do it on a Windows machine.

When you restore from backup you should be able to choose between several previous backups, if not you can use backup extraction software to extract the photos out of a previous backup.