What's new

Help please lost contacts and calendar info

lizzieh

Reaction score
Just picked up my phone to look at a date and my calendar is empty - and all my contacts have disappeared. Please can someone help?

Are Calendar and Contacts enabled in the account you use to sync to your iPhone?

Force close the Calendar app and open it again afterwards. Also make sure all groups that sync contacts to your device are enabled in the Contacts app.

If the suggestions above don't help:
Which account do you use to get calendar events and contacts to your iPhone?

Btw:
I've deleted the thread you started with the same topic. Besides fragmenting the conversation and making it hard to follow, duplicate posts and threads are against our rules.

Please keep any discussion of your problem to this thread.

Yes they are both enabled. I have force closed both and done a reset. I don't understand the next part of your post.

In the Contacts app, tap Groups at the top left. Are all of the groups/accounts that sync contacts to your iPhone enabled?
image.jpg

I don't have groups :( and sorry about duplicate, am on phone with poor reception so thought original post hadn't uploaded.

Also the + is greyed out so I can't add an appt in calendar.

Login to iCloud using a browser. If your iPhone is running iOS 8 or later, you're able to do this on the iPhone. Otherwise you'll have to do this on a computer.

Make sure the entries are still there. If they are, sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, and sign in again.

I am still on 7.1.2 and away from home

:(

For my info where do I sign out of iCloud on my phone?

In Settings - iCloud.
In iOS 7.1.2, it's not "signing out" of your iCloud account, if memory serves right. You should find "Delete Account" there.

Don't delete the account before you know that calendar events and contact infos are still in iCloud.

You can look at these from any computer, it doesn't have to be your own.

Thanks it will have to wait until I get home Mon as I have no access to a computer until then. Am camping! Will let you know how I get on.

I'd like to know why this happened.

That could be caused by your network, or the software on your iPhone. The latest version for the iPhone 4s is 8.3.

Maybe the problem doesn't exist any more as soon as you have a better internet connection.

Here are a few more ideas. Try these before removing iCloud and setting it up again:
Make sure time and date are right on your iPhone.
Turn off Contacts and Calendars in Settings - iCloud, and enable them again.
In Settings - Mail, Contacts, Calendars, make sure you use iCloud as your default account. iCloud should also be set up as your default calendar.

Last edited: