What's new

4S Setup and Sync Question

AE1M

Reaction score
Folks, I am new to the forum so please excuse me if this is in the wrong place. Just received my 4S for my small business work, anyone need a complete Blackberry Storm2 setup!

I have a laptop at work that is Win7 with Outlook. I do not use Exchange, just POP mail. I set up the iCloud and am successfully transferring contacts and calendar stuff via iCloud to the 4S and iPad2.

I noticed when I set up iCloud on my work Win7 laptop, a new group (data file) was created called iCloud and all my calendar items were moved from the old default data file into the iCloud calendar and pushed up to the Cloud and nicely pushed to my 4S and iPhone

Here is my question. I have a desktop WinXP machine at home. I would like to install iCloud there so my calendar and contacts are visible there. If I delete all my calendar items and calendar data on that machine and set up iCloud there, is the software smart enough to move the data from the Cloud down to the new machine, or will it again move the data (none there) to the Cloud and erase everything.

Coming from the Blackberry world, I am used to being able to control the direction of sync.

Thanks for any help before I do this.

Thanks,
Bob

iCloud now backs it up if u snap a pic in iPhone it will go on iPad...it ouch so forth!!
I'm putting 9os5.1 on my pad I did my phone and boy I'm sooo happy I did!!!!I feel like I have an awesome phone am enjoying all the features!!
All I'm missing is siri lol and awesome 8mp camera:)

pinging to the top for replies, no idea what this last reply has to do with my question