What's new

HELP PLEASE. Had iP4 a week - want to give a great report, but 1st!!!

iphone-y

Reaction score
After a week I thought it was time to give a full shutdown. Which I did but when I rebooted there was a brief prompt about un-locking or locking the SIM. By the time I reached for my glasses - TO LATE!!! Status msg says 'Locked SIM'.

I did not have a passcode set so I don't know why it locked. I have had two attempts at guessing a default, but no go AND am now advised there is only 1 attempt of 3 left.

One more try and I know I will be faced with reloading a week's work after 'getting it just right'...

Help please - does anyone know of a default passcode and is this normal to lock everytime you reboot the phone?

Aside from that here is a quick review - It is the most amazing bit of technology I have owned or used!!!

Cheers Anton....

After a week I thought it was time to give a full shutdown. Which I did but when I rebooted there was a brief prompt about un-locking or locking the SIM. By the time I reached for my glasses - TO LATE!!! Status msg says 'Locked SIM'.

I did not have a passcode set so I don't know why it locked. I have had two attempts at guessing a default, but no go AND am now advised there is only 1 attempt of 3 left.

One more try and I know I will be faced with reloading a week's work after 'getting it just right'...

Help please - does anyone know of a default passcode and is this normal to lock everytime you reboot the phone?

Aside from that here is a quick review - It is the most amazing bit of technology I have owned or used!!!

Cheers Anton....

Just call your carrier and get the sim pin. (there may be a default one) if you have too just get them to set you up a new one. Nothing is stored on the sim so no worries about loosing any data.

Yeh thanks DannyBoy, good advice - better than resetting the whole phone. I'll go to the carrier shop 2moro.

BTW - absolutely no signal strength problem here in Oz using Telstra. With or without a bumper, and in remote areas as well.

cheers....