What's new

[HELP] I need help downgrading to 5.1.1 from 6.0..

omarbasha

Reaction score
Hey everyone, (I have the GSM iPhone 4)
Please, I need serious help downgrading to ios 5.1.1 (9B206) from ios 6.0. So my first move was to restore using iTunes but of course I got the "3914" error, so I went on google and forums and found about SHSH Blobs and that I need them to be able to downgrade..
I managed to save SHSH Blobs using TinyUmbrella, but what it saved didn't include the SHSH Blobs for ios 5.1.1:
iPhone4 4.3.3 (8J2)
iPhone4 4.3.5 (8L1)
iPhone4 5.0.1 (9A405)
iPhone4 5.1 (9B176)
iPhone4 6.0.1 (10A523)

So, I assume I didn't have it installed previously in the first place.. And I'm now stuck with ios 6.0 because I don't have 5.1.1 SHSH Blobs. I have some questions to ask you:
1. Does every device have its own SHSH Blobs? which means that I can't download them from somewhere?
2. If it is the same for all devices can someone upload them for me?
3. If I downgrade to ios 5.0.1 or 5.1 (since I have their SHSH Blobs) would I be able to update to 5.1.1 then or is it the same?
4. Is ios 5.1.1 (9B208) still signed from apple or is it unsigned like the 9B206?
5. Do you have any other method that I can try?

Please, answer these questions.. All help really appreciated. Thanks in advance! TC :) :)

Last edited:
Please, I need serious help downgrading to ios 5.1.1 (9B206) from ios 6.0. So my first move was to restore using iTunes but of course I got the "3914" error, so I went on google and forums and found about SHSH Blobs and that I need them to be able to downgrade..
I managed to save SHSH Blobs using TinyUmbrella, but what it saved didn't include the SHSH Blobs for ios 5.1.1:
iPhone4 4.3.3 (8J2)
iPhone4 4.3.5 (8L1)
iPhone4 5.0.1 (9A405)
iPhone4 5.1 (9B176)
iPhone4 6.0.1 (10A523)

So, I assume I didn't have it installed previously in the first place.. And I'm now stuck with ios 6.0 because I don't have 5.1.1 SHSH Blobs. I have some questions to ask you:
1. Does every device have its own SHSH Blobs? which means that I can't download them from somewhere?
3. If I downgrade to ios 5.0.1 or 5.1 (since I have their SHSH Blobs) would I be able to update to 5.1.1 then or is it the same?
4. Is ios 5.1.1 (9B208) still signed from apple or is it unsigned like the 9B206?

Please, answer these questions.. All help really appreciated. Thanks in advance! TC :) :)
1. SHSH's are device specifc. So, SHSH's from another iDevice cannot be used for yours.
2. See #1.
3. Regardless of what iOS version you're on now or downgrade to... going to 5.1.1 is not possible w/o SHSH's
4. 5.1.1 is no longer being signed by Apple. iOS 6.0.1 is the only iOS version currently being signed.
5. Unfortunately no. Without 5.1.1 SHSH's there's no other way to get to that iOS version.

1. SHSH's are device specifc. So, SHSH's from another iDevice cannot be used for yours.
2. See #1.
3. Regardless of what iOS version you're on now or downgrade to... going to 5.1.1 is not possible w/o SHSH's
4. 5.1.1 is no longer being signed by Apple. iOS 6.0.1 is the only iOS version currently being signed.
5. Unfortunately no. Without 5.1.1 SHSH's there's no other way to get to that iOS version.

Ok man.. Thanks for the reply! one more question, is there a big difference between ios 5.1 and 5.1.1? because I'm thinking of downgrading to 5.1, is this a good call or should I better stay on 6.0?

Ok man.. Thanks for the reply! one more question, is there a big difference between ios 5.1 and 5.1.1? because I'm thinking of downgrading to 5.1, is this a good call or should I better stay on 6.0?
Performance wise, when I was running an iPhone 4 w/ 5.1 and 5.1.1... I didn't see any differance. The only big difference would be in the Jailbreaking world where 5.1.1 has an Untethered JB while 5.1 is Tethered only.

Apple said there was a battery drain fix which I didn't see at all really. There weren't any major changes. The biggest would probably be the little drag up camera on the lock screen

Apple said there was a battery drain fix which I didn't see at all really. There weren't any major changes. The biggest would probably be the little drag up camera on the lock screen

Well.. actually I don't really care since I can't downgrade after all and if there was really a fix then that's good to hear and will ease on me a bit :D thanks for the info anyway. :)

iPhone4 4.3.3 (8J2)
iPhone4 4.3.5 (8L1)
iPhone4 5.0.1 (9A405)
iPhone4 5.1 (9B176)
iPhone4 6.0.1 (10A523)

Actually guys I have an iPhone 4 with sprint network (CDMA) and I had upgraded to 6.0 without knowing it was impossible to go back...so was in tortured for a few months now until today...WOOHOOO...I got it back to the original 5.1.1 software without SHSH Blobs...I will be doing a video soon this week to show others how to get theirs to work.

YAAAHHH

GL to everyone trying with other iphone devices. but for iPhone 4 on CDMA kind with stuck IOS 6.0 can be downgraded