What's new

iphone 3gs ios help

kingrun2

Reaction score
So i have a iphone 3gs ios 4.1 with 05.13.04 baseband. I have a shsh blob for 5.1 but i want to update to 5.1.1 but dont have the blob for it. I tried ios 6 but it is very laggy on this phone so i went back to 4.1 but i would want to go to 5.1.1 if thats possible

kingrun2 said:
So i have a iphone 3gs ios 4.1 with 05.13.04 baseband. I have a shsh blob for 5.1 but i want to update to 5.1.1 but dont have the blob for it. I tried ios 6 but it is very laggy on this phone so i went back to 4.1 but i would want to go to 5.1.1 if thats possible

I'm sorry to tell you that if you don't have blobs for iOS 5.1.1, you can't update to it. There's also no way to get these blobs now as you had to get them while Apple was still signing iOS 5.1.1.

iPhone Forums Moderator

The rule is that no matter what iOS you're trying to upgrade or downgrade to, you must have SHSH blobs. There's no workaround, no backdoor, no loopholes, no exploit, no glitch, no hack, no sharing of blobs, etc etc to go around the mandate of blobs. This goes for even the latest iOS. When updating to the latest iOS, iTunes retrieve the blobs from Apple's servers where it's kept. Once an iOS has hit the market, within the first 24 hours, the old iOS blobs are deleted from their servers, which is why it's important for users to save their blobs manually on every iOS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 

Upgrade to iOS 6, look at one of the downgrading videos on YouTube and then manually downgrade to iOS 5.1.1!

Many thanks,
Software

Last edited:
Software said:
Upgrade to iOS 6, look at one of the downgrading videos on YouTube and then manually downgrade to iOS 5.1.1!

Many thanks,
Software

You can't downgrade to an iOS version you don't have the blobs for under any circumstances.

scifan57; iPhone Forums Moderator

Many thanks,
Software

Sorry, but no video viewing is going to help. If a person does not have SHSH blobs for an iOS that Apple has stopped signing - there is no way, ever, to put that iOS onto the iDevice. None.

In this case, as the OP does not have blobs for iOS 5.1.1 - he or she are not going to be able to install that iOS. Ever.

Marilyn

Please refrain from creating a duplicate thread on the same problem/question/discussion to avoid confusion and for more dedicated responses.