What's new

Downgrade from 5.1.1 to 5.0.1 for IPhone 4S Sprint version

ahaley007

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Thanks for taking the time to read this post and also for your input. I am kinda stuck.
So, I have this IPhone 4S Sprint version. It has the latest firmware 5.1.1 and I want to downgrade it to 5.0.1 so that I can use a T-Mobile sim card in it. I already have the R-Sim which is the same as the gevey sim except that to unlock the Sprint version, I need the 5.0.1 firmware on it because 5.1.1 doesn't have an unlock yet.

Well, when I go to downgrade using redsn0w I get into a jam. I have the necessary IPSW files of both firmwares. However, what I don't have both of is the necessary "shsh blob" file. I have the blob file for the firmware 5.1.1 but not the 5.0.1 firmware because this phone never had it and so it cannot retrieve it from Cydia.

Does anyone have a solution as to how can I get this "shsh blob" file so that I can continue the downgrade after which I can surely unlock it and use this Sprint phone with my T-Mobile micro-sim card?

Or if you have a better solution as to how I can use my T-Mobile with this latest firmware or some other method of downgrading the firmware without the "shsh blob" file for the firmware 5.0.1.

Thanks for all the advice everyone. I hope we have a solution to this.