What's new

Hdr

JuneBugSue

Reaction score
I know I'll be showing my "newbieness" when asking this question, but......
I don't understand the HDR function. It says it takes 3 pics and smushes them into one, but it doesn't work, or I'm not using it right. Can someone give me a simplified answer to how this works? Thanks so much!!

What do u mean it doesn't work? HDR off takes a normal picture with the standard exposure. HDR on takes a little longer to process (like a second) as it takes one picture at over exposure, one at normal and one under expose.

It then puts them all together to produce what should be the best exposed picture of what you've just taken. So all the light balances, colours etc should be more concrete as it has 3 pictures to make the final one from. That's something like how it works.... I think. Lol

Make sure you have HDR on and that you have the setting to save all 3 HDR pics turned on (if u want to see them) otherwise in the album it will just show the 1 final image.

It will also leave the original, normally exposed picture, so you can see the difference between them. So, you will see 2 pictures per shot, one HDR and one normally exposed picture.