What's new

Has the iPhone 3G been discontinued in the uk?

Pio5ukuk

Reaction score
My network provider is orange and I was wondering if they will send me a new handset out as my screen is cracked . I have insurance and the 3G on the back of the handset it just says 8gb and is black. If the handset has been discontinued what handset will they replace mine with? 3GS? Or just like for like.
Also my contract ends in march so would they just offer me an early upgrade?

They are trying to phase it out here in the UK. Although the 3GS is no longer being manufactured by Apple, most network providers have a lot of old stock. Now that the 4S has been launched that stock is not selling as fast. I know this because I was asking a friend of mine, who works for Vodafone the same question when I wanted to buy iPhone last week.

Last edited:
My network provider is orange and I was wondering if they will send me a new handset out as my screen is cracked . I have insurance and the 3G on the back of the handset it just says 8gb and is black. If the handset has been discontinued what handset will they replace mine with? 3GS? Or just like for like.
Also my contract ends in march so would they just offer me an early upgrade?

You are allowed to upgrade 3 months before the end of your contract so depending what date in march you will be close to the upgrade. As its the 3G I can't see them replacing this now although in your T&C it may say a new phone will be issued if the old phone has discontinued so I'd phone regarding that. You may get a 3GS and then an upgrade as well shortly after allowing you to sell the 3GS. I think you need to ring orange and discuss your options.

iHolophyte