What's new

Bought iphone - check for outstanding finance etc?

machineage

Reaction score
Hi All

I bought a used iphone 4 recently from eBay UK. Seller has good feedback - not that it means anything!

Came with original box (serial matches) & accessories. I checked the serial with Apple and it was manufactured in Feb 2011. I also did a checkmend report on it which has come back all clear. It's currently locked to Vodafone.

It had an issue with a faulty speaker which has sorted with a software update.

I'm just wondering if the phone could cause me any future problems - like if there is outstanding finance on it / outstanding contract etc? Checkmend says it has 'no record of this handsets contract status' - 'no insurance claim' and 'no warranty claim'

Is there any way to check the actual history of the phone - what service it was bought on etc?

I'm just worrying in case something could crop up in time which isn't showing now - and how long might it be before I could relax about it?

Thanks!

machineage said:
Hi All

I bought a used iphone 4 recently from eBay UK. Seller has good feedback - not that it means anything!

Came with original box (serial matches) & accessories. I checked the serial with Apple and it was manufactured in Feb 2011. I also did a checkmend report on it which has come back all clear. It's currently locked to Vodafone.

It had an issue with a faulty speaker which has sorted with a software update.

I'm just wondering if the phone could cause me any future problems - like if there is outstanding finance on it / outstanding contract etc? Checkmend says it has 'no record of this handsets contract status' - 'no insurance claim' and 'no warranty claim'

Is there any way to check the actual history of the phone - what service it was bought on etc?

I'm just worrying in case something could crop up in time which isn't showing now - and how long might it be before I could relax about it?

Thanks!

You've kinda answered your own questions there

Yes I guess I kinda did ;)

Guess I'm just a little paranoid in case something does crop up in the future...

Oh well - so far so good!