What's new

Has anyone's iPhone 6 plus bend yet?

The phone is significantly thinner so it is not the materials which have not changed. The phone it thinner and lighter and anything can bend with the right pressure. I have even seen an IPhone 5 bent because it lived in a back pocket.

Could the heat in a back pocket cause it? Like if the battery is warm and with it in the back pocket it causes it to bend? I saw one on display at a store that it was warm the battery and the phone was bending

Could the heat in a back pocket cause it? Like if the battery is warm and with it in the back pocket it causes it to bend? I saw one on display at a store that it was warm the battery and the phone was bending
It isn't a warm battery that caused the display iPhone in the store to bend. It was almost certainly done deliberately by someone to see just how hard it was to bend.

shirt pocket =yes
pants pocket=no (be it front or rear)
your asking for trouble

My first one bent a little bit, but I got a new warranty replacement because the camera quit working. So the new one is a month old and still perfect. I keep it in a case I got at best buy, it's a silicone skin with a hard plastic back that snaps over it all. OtterBox really missed the boat on the 6+. This is the first non otterBox case I've ever bought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OtterBox really missed the boat on the 6+. This is the first non otterBox case I've ever bought.
The Verizon store near me offers an otterbox defender as well as a symmetry case. So I don't think they missed the boat to much. I used the symmetry case for a week and decided it was to much case and returned it and got the apple leather, then decided to go for a Nodus wallet style. Hope this is it. A bit OCD over my cases. :)

Given enough pressure, all the larger smartphones will bend. It's not just an iPhone thing. Anyone who puts an iP 6 or 6 Plus in their pocket and sits on it risks it maybe bending. But that goes for the Note 3 and other big phones as well. Everyone should know that by now.

Sent from CrapaTalk on my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

My iPhone 6+ has not yet bend and I have it sense October 22! I do have my phone in a good case but no bending here yet!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

I've had my 6+ since October 2014, and there has been no bending. Because of being clumsy, I always have a case on all of my phones, from the 3GS to 6+, but few times I didn't have a case on my phone, I did not experience any bending. First of all, if you apply pressure to any of these devices they will bend or brake. I work in a high school where I see kids bending and cracking up their phones all of the time, because they keep them in their pants pockets and sit on them (no matter what brand phone is).

I always use a hard case so hoepfully I dont experience any bending.
Almost all of the bent iPhone 6 Pluses have been deliberately bent by people trying to sechow easily they bent or to shoot YouTube videos showing how to bend an iPhone. Apple has said there were only 9 confirmed cases of accidental bending as of last October.

Almost all of the bent iPhone 6 Pluses have been deliberately bent by people trying to sechow easily they bent or to shoot YouTube videos showing how to bend an iPhone. Apple has said there were only 9 confirmed cases of accidental bending as of last October.

Yes I know that but, the majority of people are ignorant in that aspect and dont really care what the official stats are.