What's new

Has anyone's iPhone 6 plus bend yet?

Obviously the gene pool is scraping bottom these days......

One problem with the consumer report is they try to bend the phone in the middle, the cutouts for the volume buttons is where the body is compromised (I'm sure this is the case for all phones). BUT even in the other videos folks had to try pretty hard to bend the phone and that kind of force isn't going to happen in your pocket unless you shop at BabyGap. If it's a real concern for you then get a sturdy case and you'll be good to go. The same thing happened with the iPhone 5 right after the launch and it faded away quickly as will this.

One problem with the consumer report is they try to bend the phone in the middle, the cutouts for the volume buttons is where the body is compromised (I'm sure this is the case for all phones). BUT even in the other videos folks had to try pretty hard to bend the phone and that kind of force isn't going to happen in your pocket unless you shop at BabyGap. If it's a real concern for you then get a sturdy case and you'll be good to go. The same thing happened with the iPhone 5 right after the launch and it faded away quickly as will this.
There are always few people who will try get negative things across the internet about the new iPhone just like the whole bending situation. They are trying to get customer not to purchase it, and have them thinking the iPhone is a cheap phone what easily bends in your pocket. At least the consumer report has solved the situation.

The cheapest and easiest way to promote your own product is to show the competition's product in a bad light. There is not a design flaw if you use an item in the way it was designed to function.

We don't know who those real life people were to reported the bent phones. I can see a heavy person (of which I am one) wearing some skinny jeans (of which I am not one), putting the phone in a back pocket and then sitting down. There can be a lot of force there, easily more than 90lbs, and that phone would just bend. Most still would. A long time ago I used to carry my wallet in my back pocket and everthing inside would be bent out of shape. So, since forever, I do not carry a wallet in my back pocket. I use a side pocket and thus no bends. Same with the phone. Of course, if you are wearing "skinny jeans", all bets of off. Those things peel off like onion layer. I once had a GF who wore those things. Man, they sure did look nice, but it was too funny watching her taking them off or putting them on. Us guys have it made! :)

Not sure if the CR thing will solve anything. A lie will travel half way around the world in the time it takes the truth to get out of the starting gate. This is a fact used to great advantage all the time by those who seek to influence the unwashed masses who aren't paying a lot of attention.

See the report on the Galaxy Note 4 screen problems RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX?! Seems Samsung now getting crap for poking at the iPhone. I took my 6 Plus out at Best Buy to compare to Note 4, and first words out of the mouth of Samsung rep in front of 10 customers were "is that the one that bends? Is yours bent yet?". I had not seen the screen gap issues with the Note 4 yet, or I would have had an interesting reply.

Well they deserve it after telling me all the Iphone 6 plus's were being recalled for bending when I was at their Best Buy Display. Said it real load too, not 1 but 3 employees. Will have to walk in and check out the Note's Gaps lol. Below is a picture of the Note 4 GapGate with a card inserted to show the gaps!

galaxy-note-4-screen-gap.jpg

Well they deserve it after telling me all the Iphone 6 plus's were being recalled for bending when I was at their Best Buy Display. Said it real load too, not 1 but 3 employees. Will have to walk in and check out the Note's Gaps lol. Below is a picture of the Note 4 GapGate with a card inserted to show the gaps!

galaxy-note-4-screen-gap.jpg
WOW i am shocked