What's new

Hard reset

angeliq

Reaction score
Is a hard reset bad for the phone? Is it a cure for battery drain as some sites promote? What is the advantage/disadvantage of doing it and is there any effect on the phone, ios and programs?

A Hard Reset clears up the application cache that your iPhone creates for the GUI. There are no negative effects to Hard Resetting. I don't know about any pros/cons it has towards battery life... but I could see it having a slight, very slight, positive effect when it clears up little glitches.

Thanx a lot. I was so afraid I would delete my info on the phone. If I understand correctly, it's the same as example a pc is reset with the reset button on the box. Thanx again.

And by the way, I've experienced that, if you have a question or a query or a problem, just ask on this forum!! My question above was answered within 30 minutes after posting it, and yesterday I went through the internet for most of the day, trying to get an answer on it...lol. And now within 30 minutes an answer....So, my advise: If you want to know something, ask on this forum. The senior guys who know how things work will help you in no time. Thanx again!!

You're very welcome!! It's always nice hearing from and getting feedback from our members on how we're doing.