What's new

Guilt or the truth?

IphoneMommy

Reaction score
So here I am using my brand new samsung s3. I came from a long line of Android phones and in February switched over to an iPhone 4s. Had some issues and was lucky enough to get an early upgrade. I refuse to get an iPhone 5 because it seems no different than my 4s other than being longer and needing new usb cables throughout my household. (I know some will disagree but after having on in my hand I was not impressed)

So as my evening has worn on a few things popped into my mind.

1) I miss face time - yes I have a mac book but it's convenient with family members to be on the phone with my kids.

2) I got adjusted to the Os so easily and this s3 seems foreign to me.

3) I feel guilty spending the money when by my original upgrade date I'm sure I could get this phone for $100 LoL

It's large and uncomfortable for me and doesn't fit in my pocket very well. I just can't tell if this is buyers remorse, guilt, or do I really miss my iPhone?

Any advice?

IphoneMommy said:
So here I am using my brand new samsung s3. I came from a long line of Android phones and in February switched over to an iPhone 4s. Had some issues and was lucky enough to get an early upgrade. I refuse to get an iPhone 5 because it seems no different than my 4s other than being longer and needing new usb cables throughout my household. (I know some will disagree but after having on in my hand I was not impressed)

So as my evening has worn on a few things popped into my mind.

1) I miss face time - yes I have a mac book but it's convenient with family members to be on the phone with my kids.

2) I got adjusted to the Os so easily and this s3 seems foreign to me.

3) I feel guilty spending the money when by my original upgrade date I'm sure I could get this phone for $100 LoL

It's large and uncomfortable for me and doesn't fit in my pocket very well. I just can't tell if this is buyers remorse, guilt, or do I really miss my iPhone?

Any advice?

Return the Samsung and get an iPhone, if your cellular carrier will allow it.

Still struggling with it. I was fine when I woke up determined to keep it. And now I'm fighting again!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

First I have nothing against android phones, I think they are fine, easy to customize without rooting. In many ways they are better then iPhones.

But IOS vs Android and I go with IOS. I like the way it operates. Now as far as your phone goes, it's probably the hottest Android phone out there but there are probably two things wrong with it. It's more then likely loaded with bloatware from your provider (if Verizon I know it is) and it's a Samsung. What's wrong with Samsung? Take a look at how many phones have received an upgraded OS from Samsung and if they did, how long it took to get it.

Click click, you can swap a file, give me a break that is such a gimmick and I hear that iPhone has an app to do that now. I had Android phones since the original Droid, 3 to be exact. Liked all of them but if it don't say Motorola, it ain't a Droid.

Thank you hookbill (I swear I've seen your username before) I packed up my S3 and re-activated my 4s. I may just exchange it for a 5! Any advice on that!? I held one and saw it in use. Is it even worth the change?

Personally I'm still in love with my 4S, but I got my company to cop me a 5 :p

So far so good. Not used to having a non-jailbroken iDevice, but it's nice. Lighter, thinner, slightly larger screen, has its share of bugs upon initial release like every other phone almost. I've also had my hands on a GS3 for a few weeks, and I would say that I'm stumped on which to choose. I do like Android and I do like Apple :/

That was my issue. BUT a lot of our friends and family have iPhones and it's nice to FaceTime with our small kids and also have my iTunes music in my phone :) I may try to exchange it today at the store but if its too insane I may call them and do it over the phone.

Thank you hookbill (I swear I've seen your username before) I packed up my S3 and re-activated my 4s. I may just exchange it for a 5! Any advice on that!? I held one and saw it in use. Is it even worth the change?

The Android Forum I use to moderate in I have over 19,500 posts so if you were ever there it's a good chance you saw me there.

That must be it!! And here you are convinced me to pack up my S3 LoL btw I should have my iphone 5 shortly :)

Well I put my S3 back in the box and took it to FedEx. As soon a they get it they will process my exchange for an iPhone 5! Can't wait!! I plan on doing the trade in program with my 4s. Verizon is giving $230 so it pays for it plus the tax!

Well I put my S3 back in the box and took it to FedEx. As soon a they get it they will process my exchange for an iPhone 5! Can't wait!! I plan on doing the trade in program with my 4s. Verizon is giving $230 so it pays for it plus the tax!

I don't understand this. The way it's suppose to work is they send you out the iPhone with a prepaid sticker to return your old phone with. You shouldn't be without a phone. Who told you to do this?

It's a special circumstance that I want the total refunds to my cc and then billed to the account so when I trade in my 4s and get my Verizon gift card I can apply it to my account. (The gift card for trade in is only useable at verizon). They won't refund me until they have my S3 in hand.

It's a special circumstance that I want the total refunds to my cc and then billed to the account so when I trade in my 4s and get my Verizon gift card I can apply it to my account. (The gift card for trade in is only useable at verizon). They won't refund me until they have my S3 in hand.

OK. But assuming this is business days we're talking the earliest you would have your phone would be Tuesday. Don't misunderstand me I'm not trying to tell you what to do, I'm just trying to be helpful. In the meantime if you have any other Verizon phone on hand you can activate that one until yours arrives.

I don't have a landline phone so it's critical that I have a phone all the time. If I were in your spot I would activate my Bionic while I was waiting. Maybe you have a landline phone or cable. If that's the case then I would understand your patience.