What's new

Please assist. Problems dropping 3G signal...

finn5975

Reaction score
I hope someone can give advice or share their thoughts on this. I have never thought of the iphone to have a week radio. However, after the 4S came out, I decided to test out the Galaxy Nexus and more recently the Galaxy S3. In the end, I want to stick with my 4S. But I have found that at my desk at work, and in my building, my iphone will drop from 3G to 1X. If I do a quick airplane mode toggle, 3G will come back. With the Nexus and S3, I never lose 3G signal. Similar experience occurs along a certain ten mile trip of my commute.

Why do you think this is happening with the 4S but not the other phones? And why if airplane mode brings back 3G each time, then obviously 3G signal is there in the air. Does the 4S simply have a weaker radio than I am aware of? Or could this be a bigger issue.

Thanks SO much to anyone who replies.

My iPhone 4 does this too. My apartment building is brick so I think the signal is slightly weaker. But it will drop 3G a couple times a day and I do the airplane toggle and it comes right back. I don't get it either unless it's just the fact that iPhones have weak radios.

Sent from my cellular device