What's new

Unable to use phone when not in 3G area...

irvin38a

Reaction score
Hi, I have an iPhone 4S on the 3 network and was wondering if the following is normal?....

I live in an area of great 3G coverage and I'm rarely unable to get 3G. However, when I go down to 1 bar of 3G or 0 bars (but still showing 3G) I cannot use internet, text or call. It never switches to a 'G' or 'EDGE' symbol. It just stays on 3G or No Signal when it drops below the 3G 0 bars.

I know you cannot turn off 3G like you could on the older models but is the phone actually unable to operate unless it has a 3G signal??

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

eey_ore_9

Reaction score
I think 3 is just a waste of time...i cannot get a signal at home on the 3 network and a LOT of other places iv found and when i try to use the net....with 3 g good signal it takes ages to load pages.....im currently complaining to 3 about ending my contract because their service doesnt provide me with what i need and is contrary to their description. I have actually used a pay as you go sim from freinds o2, tesco, orange,etc and they all give me good signal everywhere

karlosthemarra

Reaction score
To the OP, it's not the phone which is causing the problem. It's your network.

The "3" network will only work in a 3G area, they no longer allow connections that are less than 3G (edge etc)

I found this out when I was looking for the cheapest deal on a 4s from a phone saleswoman who worked for 3 and advised me against them.

They used to allow lesser connections, but not no more!

Most reactions

Latest posts