What's new

3g suddenly turns to edge

d.marasingha

Reaction score
I have a apple iphone 4s since i bought it 3g is not working. when i turn on the 3g it takes about 10 seconds to search the 3g signal. but it get only edge signal. when i turn on the mobile data and then turn on 3g it will on the 3g but for only about 5 minutes then it turns to edge. i tried this method in full 3g coverage areas. but still like that. i tried resetting the network setting and also did a factory resetting but none of them worked. my only option to connect to the internet is wifi. please someone help me with this problem.

If you've had this problem since you've bought the phone, why didn't you return it for a warranty replacement? Alternatively, was the phone purchased used? If so, maybe the problem you're having is why the original owner sold it.

It sounds like there's either a cellular antenna problem or a problem with the cellular radio. Either one would require a repair. Have you considered a Genius Bar appointment at an Apple Store to have a full diagnostic done. This will tell you exactly why your phone can only work on Edge. BTW, how does the phone work when you make a regular phone call?

It gives me no error when I take a phone call. As you say this not a firmware error it's a hardware error. I will check on it. Please give some instruction if you have. Thank you.