What's new

GPS App Which one??

Get WAZE. It's free and user based. U can add missing roads and addresses. Traffic/cops/hazards/speed camera/red light camera. Very easy to use. More features. Go check it out.

seems like a good program. downloading it right now; lets see how it works

waze was pretty cool. liked the features it had.

but if you need a gps that can work interdependently of data then get tomtom

Update, had my plantronics Bluetooth on today and yes it works through the Bluetooth device! FTW!!

waze was pretty cool. liked the features it had.

but if you need a gps that can work interdependently of data then get tomtom
I hate my tomtom, if someone wants it PM me and lets work out a really cheap price. It's 6 months old with new maps.

Update, had my plantronics Bluetooth on today and yes it works through the Bluetooth device! FTW!!

That's great. Since you figured that out can you get it to work with my cars' BT??? lol. Did you have to do anything different, any settings change?

That would be great, as it is, if i need to navigate somewhere i must turn BT off to hear trn by turn. If i get a call, no BT.

i remember there was an app that allowed you to stream any and all audio from the idevice to bluetooth. but that was on cydia. and i dont remember the name

That's great. Since you figured that out can you get it to work with my cars' BT??? lol. Did you have to do anything different, any settings change?

That would be great, as it is, if i need to navigate somewhere i must turn BT off to hear trn by turn. If i get a call, no BT.
Which BT do you have? I also have a Motorola brand BT I'm going to sync it and see how it works with that one. I didn't change any settings, I was actually getting complaints of the muffled voice from the jabra so I switched to the plantronics to see it it would deliver better sound quality. (it did) I also have the really small flip open motorola so I will try that one today.

IJoel said:
So I'm willing to pay for a GPS app but trying to avoid paying for it each month and paying for accessories like, traffic updates, traffic and speed cameras and map updates.
Has anyone used one that they like more than the stand alone GPS models? Can you scroll the map of any of them? Thanks for your help.

Have been using free Mapquest and worked fine. Even included lane assist. Great app called Waze!!! Used it on a trip to Florida yesterday. Free app 3D maps and tragic and police locations shared by fellow Wazers. Lots of fun reporting traffic and police and will figure several different routes. Try it

Which BT do you have? I also have a Motorola brand BT I'm going to sync it and see how it works with that one. I didn't change any settings, I was actually getting complaints of the muffled voice from the jabra so I switched to the plantronics to see it it would deliver better sound quality. (it did) I also have the really small flip open motorola so I will try that one today.

It's my car, not a headset.

That being said though, the phone won't play sound through it's internal speakers when hooked up to BT.

Can any1 help me. Am jailbroke and I down loaded tom Tom uk when I press the app icon to go on it it comes up on the screen and goes straight back off???. Many thanks
Well my Garmin does that at times as well. So it's gotta be something with the OS. I power down the phone and restart it after a few seconds and it remedies it.