What's new

GPS App Which one??

I just tried it and it's working on my 4s. Try restarting you phone and if that doesn't work, delete and reinstall the app.

Not sure what I did wrong, but ended up with 4 apps that would not run after installation. After I installed them (and they initially worked), I did my first backup to iTunes, so perhaps something happened then? Rebooting did not help, so I deleted and then reinstalled the 4 apps - all of them are fine now.

Haven't tried MapQuest yet on the road, but it's free so I thought I'd start there. If it's not satisfactory, I think I'll go with one of the paid versions i.e., Garmin, Tom Tom, etc.

Thanks for the suggestion to delete and reinstall. Forums are great!!

Regards.

I use Maps. Or type the address in NOTES. You can click on the address and you will see a map with an address. On one end you will see a orange circle. Click on that and you will see a real life picture of the address you have typed in but also a 360 of he whole street. Click on the blue arrow and you will see the address again. Click where it says directions here and where ever you are it will take you to a page that says route at the bottom. Press that and it will give you step by step directions o where you want to go. Now if you click on the bottom right another page will come up. touch where it says list. There you can get step by step directions to where you want to go. I would never need a gps app!

The Garmin app was the 1st app I bought w/ my new iPhone. It's the best replacement from my Garmin Nuvi. Worth the money, and has nice updates. I am a sales manager and use it daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm also having trouble finding a nav app that i like. There should be a 30 day trial on these. Maybe someone can answer a specific issue for me: I have my Bluetooth on all the time so it connects to the car everytime i get in, but the two navs that i've tried, Mapquest and Waze (sic?) will not voice navigate with bluetooth on. Are there any that can use the already hooked up BT or is it a phone thing and just cant do it period? Since the phone is in BT mode, it wont even use it's external speaker for voice instructions.

Oddly though, siri will come through my BT.

MotionX GPS Drive. Inexpensive and awesome.

I want to add that it's either $0.99 or $1.99. I can't remember. I highly recommend it, though.

Last edited:
Are there any that can use the already hooked up BT or is it a phone thing and just cant do it period?
Haven't tried BT but it does work through the car speakers and corded ear piece. I will sync my BT tomorrow and let you know.

its .99 but if you want voice navigation turn by turn its 20 bucks. which is a deal breaker for me.

Accuracy. I have had it on my phone for 5 months and it has failed me multiple times.

loco said:
its .99 but if you want voice navigation turn by turn its 20 bucks. which is a deal breaker for me.

When you consider if you buy a stand alone unit - say a Garmin or a Tom Tom you would pay 3 or 4 times that amount.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF.net

Haven't tried BT but it does work through the car speakers and corded ear piece. I will sync my BT tomorrow and let you know.

If it's not through BT, how is it coming through the car speakers? Wired through the aux?

megalosdog said:
Yes really..free and has voice nav. What else can you ask for?

I rarely use voice nav, but my understanding is that it's only the more natural voices you have to pay for. I bet I'm wrong though. I'll find out in 27 days!

Hey jpcamaro70, no it did not work through the BT. I'm using a Jabra and got on the phone with my Moms while making wrong turns and it did not give instructions through the BT. BTW I hear it through my car speakers because I use one of those cigarette lighter style phone docking stations, well actually it's for an Ipod but it works great for the phone.

Get WAZE. It's free and user based. U can add missing roads and addresses. Traffic/cops/hazards/speed camera/red light camera. Very easy to use. More features. Go check it out.