What's new

Good News for Those w/Discounted Data Plans

scrogg

Reaction score
Spoke to a verizon customer service rep earlier, lets call her Peggy, and she confirmed that if your currently getting the $29.99 unlimited data plan with the $20 discount, it will transfer and/or carry over (how ever you want to label it) to the iphone.

All I can say is "SaaWEEEEEET!!!" :cool:

Peggy has been the bomb for me for several months now. And she always has good news and/or says what I want to hear. Big props to Peggy even though she claims that she is just doing her job.

That is all, enjoy.

Spoke to a verizon customer service rep earlier, lets call her Peggy, and she confirmed that if your currently getting the $29.99 unlimited data plan with the $20 discount, it will transfer and/or carry over (how ever you want to label it) to the iphone.

Peggy has been the bomb for me for several months now. And she always has good news and/or says what I want to hear. Big props to Peggy even though she claims that she is just doing her job.

That is all, enjoy.

How do you get the 20.00 discount?

That is all, enjoy.

How do you get the 20.00 discount?

Yea, how?

Ive been with Verizon for 10 yrs and when I preordered my iphone that was the option I had $29.99 unlimited data, I also understand that even though Verizon has future plans to do away with unlimited data plans, those of us currently in our 2 year contracts will be able to continue our unlimited data plans until the end of our contract.

It was a limited time private sale by email only back in october/november 2010. I not sure exactly how verizon chose who to offer it too but I believe it had something to do with being a verizon customer for so many years (8 now for me) on a family plan and having upgrades available. We had three upgrades at the time.

You had to sign a 1 year contract to get it so basically they locked up my 4 lines for another year each but yet they were still available for a discounted phone upgrade. Which of course now that we had cheap unlimited data, we added the fifth line and upgraded 2 lines to droids back on 11/26/10 and then two more now with the iphone.

I know several people on the sight here have it as well and personally I think that I lucked out with it.

By the way, thanks verizon.

Awesome! I signed up last month for the $69.99 unlimited text/data and 450 minutes plan, I also get 15% off with my employee discount. All I can say is great news!

Ive been with Verizon for 10 yrs and when I preordered my iphone that was the option I had $29.99 unlimited data, I also understand that even though Verizon has future plans to do away with unlimited data plans, those of us currently in our 2 year contracts will be able to continue our unlimited data plans until the end of our contract.
in other words Read your emails from Verizon cause you never know..back in October 2010 they were offerng for California customers the unlimited TALK &TEXT for $69.99. it was a limited time offering and I snagged it.

Unlimited talk would be nice. I have the 1400 min. family plan w/10 friends and family. But I do have have unlimited text/pic/data on all 5 lines for the discounted pricing.

How do you get the 29.99 data package? Currently I pay 45 for the package on my Storm 2, what the heck will it be if/when I get an iPhone? And, are you saying that when your current contract w/unlimited pakage is up you will not be able to get the unlimited plan again?

How do you get the 29.99 data package? Currently I pay 45 for the package on my Storm 2, what the heck will it be if/when I get an iPhone? And, are you saying that when your current contract w/unlimited pakage is up you will not be able to get the unlimited plan again?
The $29.99 unlimited data plan is for all smartphones, it sounds like you have the $45 corporate plan.

And, are you saying that when your current contract w/unlimited pakage is up you will not be able to get the unlimited plan again?

The talk is, that Verizon will be doing away with unlimited data in the future as ATT did a year ago. If you are currently under contract for two years, or start a contract prior to Verizon killing the unlimited data, then its said that you will continue to receive unlimited data until your contract runs out or you purchase a new phone and restart a newer contract.

That's the way I understand it from articles that are out there currently.