What's new

Gmail app delete individual Autofill/Autocomplete entry

zillah

Reaction score
Dear folk

Got iPhoneX with latest IOS using gmail app for my personal gmail account.

When I try to send an email , the app shows me list of emails some of them not exist any more and others are still in use but very rare.

How can I remove those ? I am not after removing the whole Autofill/Autocomplete history (list) I am after specific emails

I tried to follow the instructions in the link below but I can't see the exclamation i symbol as suggested

Thx

The link shows how it works in the built in Mail app. If the title of your thread is correct, you’re trying to do this in the Gmail app. That’s not possible there.

Did you try logging in to your Gmail account via browser, and delete old and unwanted contacts there?
Another option would be to go to Phone (the app) - Contacts, and remove those contacts there. This will only work if one of the groups there is yourGmail account.

The link shows how it works in the built in Mail app. If the title of your thread is correct, you’re trying to do this in the Gmail app. That’s not possible there.
Yes I do try to do it on Gmail app and I wasn't aware that mail works for built in Mail app

Did you try logging in to your Gmail account via browser, and delete old and unwanted contacts there?
Thx that fixed the issue

I have been waiting for 4 hours for the iphone Gmail app to be synchronized with Gmail server still I am seeing those emails that were supposed to be gone as I deleted them from gmail when I accessed my account via browser!!!!

Force close the Gmail app, it will have to sync afterwards.
I forgot to mention that I did restart the iphone
I will wait longer and see how it goes