What's new

Glass broke! Pics

a082185

Reaction score
So I still have my 2G that has been used and abused for 3 years and never had a problem. Still use it everyday to go the the gym with. I have this 4G for 2 weeks and have it wrapped in a rubber case and screen overlay. Didn't drop it, didn't do anything out of the ordinary. I take it out of the case everynight and clean it w/ a microfiber cloth. Took it out of the case tonight to see the whole back glass cracked! Please tell me this happens to more people so apple will admit that this "aircraft grade" glass isn't all that it's cracked up to be.

It's 30 times stronger then plastic LOL. Plastic is not that strong Apple.

Nope not dropped and theres no point of contact. It's like it was twisted or something and it shattered! What a pos! like i said, my 2G is a champ! never any problems. I treat this one like gold wrap it up in a over protective case and this crap happends? I don't know what I'm gonna do. What are my options?

Nope not dropped and theres no point of contact. It's like it was twisted or something and it shattered! What a pos! like i said, my 2G is a champ! never any problems. I treat this one like gold wrap it up in a over protective case and this crap happends? I don't know what I'm gonna do. What are my options?

You're within the 1 month so they shouldn't be any problem exchanging it for a new one. I've seen a blackberry phone display shatter like that while it's being charged.

Wow, that pains me to see. Sorry it happened man. I know this doesn't make it any better, but just pointing out that the aluminosilicate glass is only on the front from the 'tear down' reports I've read. The rear is very strong as well- not plain glass- but not the gorilla glass Jobs talked about.

Looks like it was dropped.I would compare it to some google images of different class cracks like dropped glass, heated glass, twisted glass and see which looks most similar...

good points everyone... i talked to apple today and I could pay $29 and a $699 holdon a card, they will overnight me a phone and once they determine it wasnt dropped they would take the 699 hold off. if they determine it was dropped, they would keep 199 of it. I just know for a fact that its thing i did. Like I said, ive had my 2g w/ no issues forever PLUS it was in a case. No phone should b this weak. I'm possitive this will happen to mosre people then apple might b like "ok these serial #s well replace" thats best case senario. until then, im gonna wait it out and maybe a company will come out w/ a plastic replacement for the rear part