What's new

Getting no where with new iphone 11

Jill Schwocho

Reaction score
I think I posted in wrong forum. I'm new to iphone 11 and 62 years old so I struggle. I set up phone wrong with bad passcode so now its locked up. I can't even turn it off and almost dialed 911..oops. I was told by apple support after an hour on phone trying to load itunes on my computer...wouldn't work. OK I need a new one to be fixed but in mean time I need a phone??

What should I do? Told to to factory reset on a computer but can't opedn phone.

Help please kind souls out there

Welcome to iPhone Forums!

I‘ve removed your other thread. It would be confusing to compare answers in two threads. Also, keeping the discussion to one thread only will more likely be helpful.

As Apple Support told you - you need a computer with the latest version of iTunes installed. Whether or not it‘s your own, doesn‘t matter.

Before you connect your iPhone to the computer, you‘ll have to turn it off: press and hold one of the Volume buttons and the Side button at the same time, until the power off slider appears. Use this slider to turn it off.
That done, open iTunes on your computer.

With the iPhone still powered off, use the cable to connect it to the computer. While doing so, press and hold the Side button, until you see this screen:
77DCEBFD-DB76-45F2-9579-9D1331AEBF5D.png

(Apple)

iTunes will display the following:
FC555582-9511-4FF6-959A-61909295CD3A.jpeg

(Apple)

Select “Restore”.
iTunes will start uploading the latest software and loading it to your iPhone, then restore it. All you can do during this time, is wait. Don’t unplug your device until the process has finished. It’s possible that your iPhone gets out of recovery mode in between. If it doesn’t return to recovery mode by itself, you’ll have to repeat the steps above.

When iTunes asks you to set up your device as new or restore it from a backup, that’s when the passcode has been removed.
Hope that helps.

I tried that and phone says its disabled retry in 15 minutes

do i hold what side button while plugging into computer or do I do it after plugged in to computer

My sisters computer has latest version but its a music app I think with musical note for icon. is that OK

Getting somewhere maybe . i was able to finally download itunes on my computer I just need to be patient and wait.. but it won't start until I upgrade to windows 10. I know this is way over due.Tomorrow is another day....to be continued.

My knowledgeable neighbor has the flu so I tried calling and working with support again. We got past the computer connection and close to the restore button but all itunes wanted to do was update software in the foreground.with the restore button in the background. Going round and round no matter what we did.My phone kept coming up with the passcode page the support person asked me enter any 6 numbers then cell said disabled to wait 15 minutes. we kept trying that with no luck. She said you'll have to keep going thru that sequence for probably an hour when it stops call support back. OK fine. Next pass phone says wait 1 hour while its disabled. WHAT!!! I"m done I will call support again tonight and pass this info to support and ask if my neighbor can take over? I must be doing something wrong. To bad they couldn't remote in to my computer. If he can't get it to restore I don;t know back to AT&T store

Good news...I got it up and running. My knowledgeable neighbor that I should take it to the apple store...well I didn't know there was one. went to sisters house to use her phone to call the apple store....awwh heck with the explanation of steps to success. I tried restoring again on my own and managed to get it done. So Its done and thanks to all because this is where I got the best advice.