What's new

Getting an error message when plugging in

diannenet

Reaction score
This just started tonight and I've had this phone for about five months now. When I plugged it into the USB on my computer I get the following message:

This accessory is not optimized for this iPhone.

Then it says:

You may experience noise caused by cellular interference and a decrease in cellular signal strength.

Does anyone have any idea why I am now getting this message? I've been plugging this phone in the same way ever since I got it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dianne

My wifes 3GS started doing this last week. I had a look up the bottom of the phone (where the connector plugs into) to find it was full of fluff. I don't know how because it had just been replaced by apple the week before. I removed the couple and gave it a good blow and the problem went a way for a couple days before comming back.

We took it back to apple after a restore didn't work to find out it was water damaged. Luckily we still managed to get it replaced under warranty...

My wifes 3GS started doing this last week. I had a look up the bottom of the phone (where the connector plugs into) to find it was full of fluff. I don't know how because it had just been replaced by apple the week before. I removed the couple and gave it a good blow and the problem went a way for a couple days before comming back.

We took it back to apple after a restore didn't work to find out it was water damaged.
Luckily we still managed to get it replaced under warranty...

My phone is STILL doing this! The connector plug is spotless,,,no gunk on it at all The phone still charges but I don't understand the message. Does anyone know why this has started happening all of a sudden?

Thanks!

Like I said after cleaning the connector port out and restoring it still happened. Tinted it the phone was water damaged at the bottom...