What's new

get the 5s today or wait for 6?

Zentost

Reaction score
My last iphone was the 4s and I switched to nexus 4 when it came out, but I found a store that has an amazing deal on the 5s, and now that verizon has a better plan for me, I feel like its a good time to switch considering they have the best service in my area.

Should I pull the trigger today? Or wait for the iphone 6 to come out? I'd be pissed if I got it today and 6 came out next month, but being an Apple customer for all these years, I've gotten used to that lol.

My last iphone was the 4s and I switched to nexus 4 when it came out, but I found a store that has an amazing deal on the 5s, and now that verizon has a better plan for me, I feel like its a good time to switch considering they have the best service in my area.

Should I pull the trigger today? Or wait for the iphone 6 to come out? I'd be pissed if I got it today and 6 came out next month, but being an Apple customer for all these years, I've gotten used to that lol.

The onyx thing we expect is an announcement about the new phone in June (and it's really still conjecture ... we just expect Apple to stick to their schedule :)). However, if they follow what they've done in the post, the new phone will be announced in June, but it won't "hit the streets" sometime in late September.

So, if you buy a 5S today, it's still going to be about 5 months before the new one is available to buy.

That help make a decision?

Marilyn

The onyx thing we expect is an announcement about the new phone in June (and it's really still conjecture ... we just expect Apple to stick to their schedule :)). However, if they follow what they've done in the post, the new phone will be announced in June, but it won't "hit the streets" sometime in late September. So, if you buy a 5S today, it's still going to be about 5 months before the new one is available to buy. That help make a decision? Marilyn
That's wring Apple is announcing iOS 8 etc. in June but Not any iPhone

The onyx thing we expect is an announcement about the new phone in June (and it's really still conjecture ... we just expect Apple to stick to their schedule :)). However, if they follow what they've done in the post, the new phone will be announced in June, but it won't "hit the streets" sometime in late September.

So, if you buy a 5S today, it's still going to be about 5 months before the new one is available to buy.

That help make a decision?

Marilyn

That's wring Apple is announcing iOS 8 etc. in June but Not any iPhone

You guys both have horrible typos - is the keyboard/voice recognition not that great? Lol, jk.

Well if it was 1 month I would wait but with 5 I shall get it today! Hopefully next time I login here it will be on my 5s ;)

Typos or not there will be no new iPhone until September/October thats for sure.

Rest assured the 6 won't be available until the end of October. If you can get a great deal then go for it. The resale value of iPhone is the best.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

I switched to android and quickly came back to iPhone5. My plan is to get amazing resale value and sell online and get the 6 in the fall. You can always sell the 5s for a good amount then purchase a 6?

~ iPhoneMommy ~

"Be nice to those you meet on the way up because you will meet them on the way down."

I'd would recommend getting the 5s, and then selling it when the 6 comes out. Win/Win :) Used iPhones hold their value as long as you keep it in good condition.

I just got my 5S because I wasn't willing to wait on an unannounced release date.

I think I would personally wait. I have the iphone 5c, ny hubby has the 5s, and we both cant wait for the iphone 6 to come out. I think its worth the wait. personally.

The 5s is a great phone. Unless you're wanting the rumored 4.7" screen of the iPhone 6, you can get good deals on the 5s now.